Heads Up for Tru Calling

just watched it after downloading the pilot. Not bad at all, certainly a cut above most of the stuff they show on Sky One. I am downloading the rest of the series and will let you all know if it tapers off or gets better etc. :smashin:

and... ? What was your chat-up line?

"Hey Baby. I found your true calling in my pants!"

So it wasn't 'You're too good to be Tru'? :eek: :suicide:

Originally posted by Gordon @ Convergent AV
For any other sad its like me I just thought I'd mention she's going to be on Richard and Judy this afternoon......

G

Not sad at all I will now tune in thanks for the warrning :D

Just watched the first 17 episodes. IMO it's very good, definately worth sticking with.

Jason Priestly also joins the cast later on, he was that dude from 90210 way back.

surely she has to be 100% successfull all the time because she will just keep re-living the same day over and over (ground hog day) till she privents it from happening

There is one episode where she keeps living the same day over and over again, and another where 2 people ask for help.

I've watched all three so far but that's my lot as I'm giving up on it. The idea had promise but was ruined by total miscasting in most of the roles. I know that it's heresy here but I think that the programme would have been much better if they had cast someone a little less bimboesque in the title role, her brother is just ridiculous in the extreme, the senior mortuary bloke is a caricature and her coke sniffing, high flying sister is unneccesary.

I can't imagine many real life mortuaries employing a young bimbo who wore skirts up to her cheeks and who's breasts were almost hanging out of her tops, but hey, it's not real :(

I watched the last two episodes last night (19 and 20) so that is the whole first series under my belt. In all I thought it wasn't earth shattering, and it tapered off quite a bit in the last two episodes, ridiculous story twists (even for this show!) and Tru's brother was really starting to get on my nerves.

Apparently it is on hiatus for a new series, and will be decided upon at the end of this month. Jason Priestley, however, does do some good acting, it's just the story around him is a bit of a fluff.

I'd give the series on a whole about a 6.5/10, probably a 7.5 if they had ended it after about the 16th episode or so.

There was a mistake on yesterday’s episode.

When she hears the call for help from the victims, she looks towards the morgue a few times and then leaves the room to investigate. Her boss says to the photographer that she does that a lot. But the thing is, she dose NOT do that AT ALL, because she starts the day over again.

Ian J said:
I've watched all three so far but that's my lot as I'm giving up on it. (

Just managed to catch up with some stuff, had about seven episodes of this recorded, was looking forward to it.
Pilot was so-so, second one was boring, didn't make it all the way through third, whizzed through the others on fast forward.
Found it a bit humourless, maybe the whole morgue premise is just too depressing for me, prefer vampires and stuff.

Shame, really like Eliza. :cool:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom