• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Heads up - ESPN Free till midnight sunday

Del Boy Smiffy

Distinguished Member
Catch the Milan derby, Juve v Roma and many more.

Lakers vs Knicks for the basketball fans live too.

pinnocchio

This is the first time I've watched ESPN or Setanta on Freeview and even though it's a good selection of matches this weekend the picture quality is dreadful.

The artifacting is some of the worst I've seen since the ITV games from a few years back.

If ESPN cannot either secure extra bandwidth or a better codec there's no way I would subscribe.

Shame really

Agreed the annoying ticker tape constantly playing at the top of the screen and poor freeview picture quality has told me one thing ... I wouldn't waste my money on this mob.:facepalm:

petet66

And they picked a weekend with absolutely no English football in their schedule!

Del Boy Smiffy

Distinguished Member
Yeah i'd consider subscribing if the picture was any good, buts its like watching football back in the 70s/80s.

BMox81

Distinguished Member
Well for someone who doesn't have Sky like myself, it's better than watching on a dodgy stream or having no footy at all.

And I get to watch UFC as well which was one of the selling points.

pinnocchio

I don't have Sky either (not a fan of Megladoch) but I have to give them credit for great quality (but Cripes do you pay through the nose for it :eek: )

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom