heads up: Blade the series starts at 10pm Virgin 1

red_flash

Established Member
Reaction score
heads up: Blade the series starts at 10pm Virgin 1

a last-minute( or hour) reminder for those wanting to catch Blade the series tonight. An excellent show and one worth watching.

Dont forget the +1 channel if you miss the 10pm start

Is this season 2 or Season 1 for the first time on Virgin 1? I caught the series first time round on Bravo I think, it wasn't bad. Scratch that, just seen on Wikipedia that the show was cancelled after the first season. American networks sure do have itchy trigger fingers don't they!

Is this season 2 or Season 1 for the first time on Virgin 1? I caught the series first time round on Bravo I think, it wasn't bad. Scratch that, just seen on Wikipedia that the show was cancelled after the first season. American networks sure do have itchy trigger fingers don't they!

Blade was binned after season 1. No season 2 was made. :(

am I right in thinking this is the first thing they've shown in widescreen on Virgin 1?

am I right in thinking this is the first thing they've shown in widescreen on Virgin 1?

It isn't widescreen on Freeview. It is still letterboxed.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Virgin go anamorphic widescreen 1st February 2008.

It isn't widescreen on Freeview. It is still letterboxed.

Eh? Letterbox is widescreen. i.e it has black bars at the top & bottom of the screen. :confused:

Everything else I've watched on Virgin1 has been full screen, i.e no black bars anywhere. I'm watching on freeview.

Eh? Letterbox is widescreen. i.e it has black bars at the top & bottom of the screen. :confused:

Everything else I've watched on Virgin1 has been full screen, i.e no black bars anywhere. I'm watching on freeview.

I meant 16:9 like other channels. It is letterbox widescreen with black borders top and bottom on everything I have watched (Blade, Enterprise, Criminal Minds). I have to use a zoom mode to get everything in the right proportions.

I think it's next month that the majority if not all the VM (Flextech) channels start broadcasting in anamorphic widescreen which is far superior to Letterboxing as it makes full use of the broadcast resolution.

Damn shame really that VM couldn't put together a HD channel for SKY comprising of content from across their range of channels but I suppose that's just wishful thinking for SKY viewers and one up for VM HD VOD users:)

Yeah i saw this and thought it looked a little odd. I've got a widescreen TV, yet Blade was black borders top/bottom, and the middle seemed stretched left/right, as if it's a 4:3 picture stretched to widescreen?

But as for the show itself... seemed a bit "Dark Buffy", with a lot of nods to Blade the movie, but didnt really capture the spirit of the movie. Then it had lots of Buffy/matrix overtones, but worse, and overall wasnt too impressed.

I'll watch it next week, if only to see the woman in the white dress do her stuff, but i dont have high hopes.

Yeah i saw this and thought it looked a little odd. I've got a widescreen TV, yet Blade was black borders top/bottom, and the middle seemed stretched left/right, as if it's a 4:3 picture stretched to widescreen?

I'll watch it next week, if only to see the woman in the white dress do her stuff, but i dont have high hopes.

They broadcast the normal 4:3 frame with the letterbox already done so on a 4:3 TV you get widescreen and a 16:9 ultra widescreen unless some sort of auto formatting is going on. The use of HDMI in V+ and SKY+HD also play a part in how image ratios get played with until you don't know if you are coming or going at times:)

The series does find it's feet as it goes on but then it ends and you get no more episodes, it's cancellation did come as a surprise:)

I only watched this on TV because I read somewhere that even though it was cancelled. It ended up with a conclusion to the ongoing story. Well that was a load of :censored:. I wouldn't have bothered if it I knew it ended like that.

You kidding right? While the ending was left open to bring back the show the majority of the ongoing threads were tied up nicely.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom