• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Headrest LCD screens

S

Steve Hammond

Hi,

I guess many of youmay have seen the popular ebay items being sold by all and sundry at the moment....which are the car headrests mounted with an lcd monitor...usually the purchaser gets the choice of Tan, black or grey.
Does anyone have experience of these items...are they any good? And what I am REALLY wanting to know, is ARE THEY MADE OUT OF REAL LEATHER, or a synthetic-faux-plastic-type-crap? Cos I want one to try and match to the tan leather in my Focus estate Ghia....any ideas? any experience of these items?

Steve

Gazpilot

Standard Member
Why not buy the normal ones with a bracket and mount them yourself. I did mine in my Alfa sportwagon and they came out pro.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 170
M

Member 96015

Hi Steve,

Have not had any experience of buying these screens of ebay however, I have seen these screens fitted to many cars - they are "chinese leather" not real! - but they dont look so bad. If your choice is to not cut into the existing headrests or you have a leased vehicle, then the option of whipping them out when you come to change the car in the future or indeed selling them with the car gives you a bit of flexibillity.

The quality of the screen is not a toshiba but "they do exactly what they say on the tin" a resonably good picture!

There are some fairly clear pictures on this link:-

www.i-c-e-blue.com

Hope this helps you out?

Russell

john o

Standard Member
Steve Hammond said:
Hi,

I guess many of youmay have seen the popular ebay items being sold by all and sundry at the moment....which are the car headrests mounted with an lcd monitor...usually the purchaser gets the choice of Tan, black or grey.
Does anyone have experience of these items...are they any good? And what I am REALLY wanting to know, is ARE THEY MADE OUT OF REAL LEATHER, or a synthetic-faux-plastic-type-crap? Cos I want one to try and match to the tan leather in my Focus estate Ghia....any ideas? any experience of these items?

Steve

Hi steve,
I have a pair of these headrests in my car, brought them from ebay and they came from japan or hong kong, cant remember.
I am very pleased with them, great price and athough I don`t think its real leather it matches my interior great and really you would`nt know it was`nt real leather. The picture is great and they were quite easy to fit and the good thing is if you change car you can put the old headrest back in.
I hope this has helped you out a bit.

Stekelly

Standard Member
Hi steve,
I have a pair of these headrests in my car, brought them from ebay and they came from japan or hong kong, cant remember.
I am very pleased with them, great price and athough I don`t think its real leather it matches my interior great and really you would`nt know it was`nt real leather. The picture is great and they were quite easy to fit and the good thing is if you change car you can put the old headrest back in.
I hope this has helped you out a bit.

Appologies for dragging up an old thread but it seemed the most relevant of the ones that popped up in the search.

Was thinking about getting one of the above mentioned systems but had a few reservations re: installation. I assume from the ebay pics that the cables run down through the bar on the headrest, in to the seat an ddown through it? Am I right? How difficult a process is this?

2nd question concerns power. Do they get run back to the wiring loom behind the radio and hard wired?

Have installed a good few phone kits myself so I'd imagine this isnt too much harder, just got to find a path to run the cables. Thanks for any help.

martUK

Established Member
The wires do run through thr head rest posts into the seat, how hard this is to get at depends on your car. BMW's have a mainly plastic back which comes off so is easier than a jap car which is zipped up and can be fidley to zip back up. Yes power needs to be taken from somewhere like the headunit +12, ign, gnd

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom