headphones!

willywinker

Nothing special really just a headset that my son can use. Nothing special = nothing expensive ;-) can anybody recommend a premium set? I should have a google but you guys are google tbh.

Any ideas

Jason56d

Last edited:

willywinker

He would appreciate them i reckon. I appreciate the price :p

thanks

Det

Distinguished Member
koons? What's your budget?

Triton 720's aren't bad for the buck either.

willywinker

Well as lil as possible cos it will be a stocking filler and stocking fillers should be cheap :D

Craig8718

I picked up my Turtle Beache PX21's for about £45 six months ago (they were usually around £65) - they're probably even cheaper now theres a new range out.

EDIT: Just did a quick google, cheapest I can see after a very quick look is £49.99 on Amazon - still good value IMO.

wbabbington

For the last year and a bit I've been using Sennheiser 202 which are only £20. Can sound whore okay with them and are very comfy (use them 6-7 hours a day).

Although an getting some sharkoons for Xmas as I want proper surround sound

houston

Standard Member
Orb GP1 Gaming Headset PS3

i only wanted a cheap set so i could play on night when i got in from work and not wake up the house, so bought these and i ended up being very impressed with them, lots of bass and very clear, if you turn them right up they get slightly distorted but doubt your son will want it at this level for anyway, only real issue i have is my ears get sore over time from being pressed back but i think thats more me than the headset. comes with one usb lead and a set of phonos to link up to your multi out.

uzer

Det said:
koons? What's your budget?

Triton 720's aren't bad for the buck either.

Do you get commission everytime someone buys sharkoons on your advice? Rofl

Det

Distinguished Member
I wish :)

uzer

Knowing your price range Willy will make it easier. You can buy headphones anywhere for any price really...but how much YOU want to spend will allow us to make recommendations.

willywinker

Mad Catz AMPX Universal Gaming Headset - got these for apparently less than half price and the yshould do the job. £19.99 from argos

IanW1977

Best Buy were doing one similar to the Argos one for £8.

Looks like they are all closing down now though

willywinker

Best Buy were doing one similar to the Argos one for £8.

Looks like they are all closing down now though

Is bestbuy interweb only or do they have shops? Getting close to xmas so would rather just walk in and buy

conrod129

Novice Member
willywinker said:
Is bestbuy interweb only or do they have shops? Getting close to xmas so would rather just walk in and buy

They have shops, only a few I think, we have one in Southampton.

steviegall

its more trouble than its worth imo, i got my sharkoons replaced in sept and my new ones came with that, there isnt any lock in place function(like a push and twist thing) on it so sometimes it slips out

although judging by the picture my jointer is on the other side of the inline volume controls, or maybe not, upon closer inspection they are showing the end with the volume controls and the end that goes into the scu

(hoping to not be too old school and politically incorrect) they are showing the two male connectors and not the male-female connectors so i would be skeptical

uzer

Can anyone read German? I found this website and wondering if they have a ship to UK option.

The product details are as follows...be gentle my german isn't what it used to be.

The Xtatic breakaway cable is for the Xtatic digital III unit. Runs from sound control unit to the headset yadda yadda yadda, has built in volume control and amplifier. For specific (?) use on the xtatic digi rev. 3. Cord is 350 cm long.

jwalsh82

Willy, if you are still looking then you can have my old PX21's for £25 if you want. They work perfectly, the only issue is the clip on the back of the volume controls has broken so you can't clip it to your shirt or anything.

Same goes for anyone else if you want a cheap pair (been used about 10-15 times in 6 months) then you are welcome to them, not sure if I will have to set up an official classified's though.

Last edited:

StuR6

Novice Member
The product details are as follows...be gentle my german isn't what it used to be.

The Xtatic breakaway cable is for the Xtatic digital III unit. Runs from sound control unit to the headset yadda yadda yadda, has built in volume control and amplifier. For specific (?) use on the xtatic digi rev. 3. Cord is 350 cm long.

cheers uz, im sure its what i want. tried to add to basket, but im sure its asking me to login. Might give this up. Might try to solder on a new pin plug onto the existing cable.

Henborg

Off topic a little tho had a little play around with PX5's yesterday must say really really nice..

just not sure if i would pay the extra over the px21's tho.. but in saying that, if my px21's failed 2m. I'd be lying if i said i would not be thinking about the upgrade

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month

Latest News

T+A launches new Caruso R music system plus optional speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Melco update adds Roon 1.8 readiness
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung ranked No.1 TV brand for 15th year running
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published