• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Headphones with Onkyo 605

neilrlsmith

Established Member
Hi,

Over on the Headphone forum we are trying to work out a solution but its been suggested an Onkyo Guru might be able to help. I am deaf (ish) and my wife is not. Therefore I want to be able to listen to the TV with headphones whilst not muting the external speakers.

I'm on here becuase of the amp I have. My set up is thus...

Plasma with NO speakers (but has headphone socket) connected to Onkyo with HDMI. Speakers connected directly to Onkyo (obviously).

All sorts of wierd technical stuff being banded about; about having to get a second amp...

Surely not? Anyone know whether the Onkyo has a function to allow headphones without muting the speakers?

Thanks.

james.miller

Prominent Member
nope, it doesnt. to do that you'd need a headphone amp. out of interest why do you want both on?

12 promises

Established Member
Hi,

Over on the Headphone forum we are trying to work out a solution but its been suggested an Onkyo Guru might be able to help. I am deaf (ish) and my wife is not. Therefore I want to be able to listen to the TV with headphones whilst not muting the external speakers.

I'm on here becuase of the amp I have. My set up is thus...

Plasma with NO speakers (but has headphone socket) connected to Onkyo with HDMI. Speakers connected directly to Onkyo (obviously).

All sorts of wierd technical stuff being banded about; about having to get a second amp...

Surely not? Anyone know whether the Onkyo has a function to allow headphones without muting the speakers?

Thanks.

what source are you listening to..........sky,freeview box or what?

james.miller

Prominent Member
christ, how did i not read that single sentance:oops:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom