1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headphones that do not have auto volume control..

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by hendern88, Aug 6, 2005.

1. hendern88

hendern88
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there

I've just bought a set of Sennheiser RS120s ...thankfully from Argos and their going back.

They have the most mind boggingly iritating 'auto volume control'. When listening to a piece of music which has only queit instuments and then say some vocals kick in you can hear a quiet 'thud' and the volume is turned down !!!

I've only tested these with about 4 songs from rock to quiet county and its the same for all..making these to me useless.

I know these are very highly thought of units....are mine doggy or is it a design element.

Can anyone recommend some wireless headphones or indeed any sub £80 ones even if not wireless where there is no "volume protection" ?

many thanks :lease:
    Neil.

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,129
    Its news to me that there are headphones with dynamic level compression on them.
    I think you'll find most headphones don't do this.

3. hendern88

hendern88
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nice simple reply....so....do any other RS120 or indeed rs*** owners have this issue ?

thanks again
    Neil.

4. hendern88

hendern88
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just dug out the old CD unit and plugged directly into that.....everything works a treat...must be the amp.....

sorry folks.

Neil