Question Headphones(Sony WH-l600 or Sennheiser RS-195) for TV/movies

adelin07

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm thinking about buying a pair of headphones to use especially for movies. I also have a Momentum wireless M2AEBT, but those are uncomfortable and the only way I can connect them is with bluetooth to my ATV4K. So it uses SBC, which means I'm not even using them at their full capacity.

I was looking at either the Sennheiser RS195 or the Sony WH-l600. I can get either pair for around the same price (~$280).
The sony look interesting as they are "newer", can decode surround sound and have an HDMI ARC port which I could use with my TV.
But I'm wondering if maybe the sennheisers are just better headphones as I see them or the RS 175 recommended often when searching.

Any opinions on these headphones?

The sony look interesting as they are "newer", can decode surround sound and have an HDMI ARC port which I could use with my TV
Those features alone would make me go for the Sony's.
Sony have a good track record for quality headphones and I would say their products are in no way inferior to Sennheiser.

Hi, i use the Sony WH-l600 since December. The Headphones are fine but to be honest i did not hear the surround effects.

But they fit well, you have different sound modi, you get dolby digital sound (no HD Sound) and DTS Sound Modi and the last very long. I use it just for movies in the evening when my girlfriend is sleeping.

But it dont supports native Dolby Atmos, Dolby True HD, DTS X

Hi, i use the Sony WH-l600 since December. The Headphones are fine but to be honest i did not hear the surround effects.

But they fit well, you have different sound modi, you get dolby digital sound (no HD Sound) and DTS Sound Modi and the last very long. I use it just for movies in the evening when my girlfriend is sleeping.

But it dont supports native Dolby Atmos, Dolby True HD, DTS X
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind!
I recenly got a soundbar which can process all types of surround sound(the sony ht-xf9000) and while obviously it's not true surround, what I found is that it virtual surround basically means better downmixing. I can hear sound detail like crickets or "office noise" that wasn't there on my previous logitech z623,
I assume these headphones have a similar effect?

I've currently got a MDR-DS6500 headset and was also looking at the WH-L600 and Sennheiser RS195 as possible replacements. I've seen in some reviews that the RS195 is reported as being bulky, I can imagine it being uncomfortable on the head after a couple of hours, as I've experienced with my current headset.

I'm thinking that the Sony might have similar audio output but a lot lighter and more comfortable?

How do the WH-I600 compare to the 700DS.
My 700DS start to develop a buzz and I'm looking for a replacement.

Hello,

I'm thinking about buying a pair of headphones to use especially for movies. I also have a Momentum wireless M2AEBT, but those are uncomfortable and the only way I can connect them is with bluetooth to my ATV4K. So it uses SBC, which means I'm not even using them at their full capacity.

I was looking at either the Sennheiser RS195 or the Sony WH-l600. I can get either pair for around the same price (~$280).
The sony look interesting as they are "newer", can decode surround sound and have an HDMI ARC port which I could use with my TV.
But I'm wondering if maybe the sennheisers are just better headphones as I see them or the RS 175 recommended often when searching.

Any opinions on these headphones?
Hello- did you ever make a decision on what headphones to go with? I am in same situation

Hello- did you ever make a decision on what headphones to go with? I am in same situation
Hello. I tried buying the Sony WH-l600, but the store called me back and refunded me because it was out of stock(seemed in stock). I can’t comment on the quality of either of the headphones I originally posted about.

However, I eventually ended up buying a pair of open back headphones(sennheiser hd599) in combination with a bluetooth amp(the fiio btr1k) and I am satisfied with this. They are comfortable and the sound is great.

Hello. I tried buying the Sony WH-l600, but the store called me back and refunded me because it was out of stock(seemed in stock). I can’t comment on the quality of either of the headphones I originally posted about.

However, I eventually ended up buying a pair of open back headphones(sennheiser hd599) in combination with a bluetooth amp(the fiio btr1k) and I am satisfied with this. They are comfortable and the sound is great.
Thanks so much for the reply- glad you are happy- those 599s look nice!

I just ordered the Bose 700 Headphones on a Cyber Monday deal for $269. have not received yet. Other than some connectivity issues fixed with firmware, the sound on these Bose supposedly quite good.

I am curious of how the sound quality will be using these Bose vs. a set like the Sony L600s or the Sennheiser 175 or 195. Was thinking of grabbing one of these two for comparison with the Bose.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom