Headphones Plugged into TV buzzing sound

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Wumpa, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Wumpa

Wumpa
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, i have a new pair of Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80 ohm headphones that make a constant buzzing sound when plugged into my 32 inch samsung 720p lcd tv while playing old games. The buzzing seems to get louder on a white background and i've tried unplugging everything at the back of the tv apart from the scart cable for my ps2 and tv power cable and still it buzzes.

I also have a 50 inch 720p plasma tv that i plug my DT770 PRO'S into for more modern games and i hear a fast beeping sound when a game is loading something. Strangely, i dont hear the beeping when during actual gameplay which i have tested by muting the game sound and i cant hear the beeping. Does anyone know what could possibly be causing the buzzing and beeping i can hear through my headphones while plugged into my tv's? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. muljao

muljao

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +639
    Nothing really to say except as there seems to be a fault on 2 different tvs, can you try different headphones (borrow a set). If the fault goes maybe you have a defective set of headphones. If it has a removable cable try a different one in case it's damaged

3. Wumpa

Wumpa
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If it helps, i dont get any buzzing noise while i plug my headphones into my laptop or even when im watching a dvd or normal tv. Seems to only happen playing games. Weird.

I have also tried just now another pair of cheaper headphones i have and the buzzing is still present while using them on both my tvs while playing ps1 games but not with 360/xbxox one games. Maybe because the games are old? Sorry if it's hard to make sense of all this, im confused myself. I'm using a scart cable for ps1 games on ps2 btw.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2018
  4. muljao

muljao

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +639
    Maybe the freq out from tour games machine is effective them, dunno, worth a try to adjust

5. Wumpa

Wumpa
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When i use my headphones while playing on 360/xbox one with an HDMI cable the buzzing isn't present. I think the issue is with the scart/component cables i use on my ps1/ps2 that could possibly cause the buzzing sound. Could that be the case?

6. dannnielll

dannnielll

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +759
    The problem is likely ageing power supply in the plasma TV. A white background will draw more power from a plasma as all the pixels have to fire and more drawn current from the trafo. The buzzing can be explained by that , but no idea about the beepng.

7. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,514
    The problem is probably with your old consoles or their connections.
    You don't hear any buzzing watching DVD's or the TV tuner or a modern game console connected via HDMI on two different sets using two different pairs of headphones.
    That rules out the TV's.