1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headphones NOOB

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Psyence5150, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Psyence5150

Psyence5150

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone. I just bought a 40 gb iPod photo, which is awsome btw, but the earbuds really aren't so great. I mean, I've pratically been using sucky headphones all my life, so when I put on the ipod's 'phones i heard a bunch of things I never heard before. However, one day I walked into Best Buy and tried on a bair of Bose Triport headphoens and was AMAZED. So now I'm looking for closed ear high quality headphones for my ipod, with a price range of 0 to 100 dollars. I'm thinking about the Sony MDR-V600.
    Any opinions? :lease:

2. Psyence5150

Psyence5150

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh yeah, and what about the Sony Eggo's?
    Are they better and where can I find them? (Not at amazon, obivously :grrrrrrr:)

3. Leporello

Leporello

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bose headphones are the sartorial equivalent to top hats and mauve spats to many self proclaimed audiophiles :eek: . However, if you can bear to be so deeply unfashionable you'll find that the Bose Triports are a good set of cans for your purpose. They are a trifle expensive, but if comfort and decent sound are more pressing priorities for you, why not? After all you don't have to tell anyone here that you actually own a pair. :)

4. ipodstudio

ipodstudio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. Psyence5150

Psyence5150

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, but exactly how many of them are in my price range? And, oh yeah, by the way, can anyone summarize what are the pro's/con's of Sennheiser, Sony, Koss, Audio Technica and whatever else popular brand that people are crazy about. I've noticed that those brands including Grado, Shure and others seperate many people into "groups".

6. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    When it comes to brands,you'll find many similarities in sound between models in one brand...the "house-sound" if you like.

This is often what tends to polrise people....maybe preferring a softer laid back sound,or something a bit sharper....at up to $100,I assume your from the US....if so,you need to also have a look at http://www.headphone.com/layout.php for US prices tc,and a very useful site.
    At your price range,there are plenty of in-ear phones,and those from Sennheiser and Sony are well worth looking at...also Shure,if you can go alittle higher,and Etymotic.

7. Psyence5150

Psyence5150

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All right, I've narrowed it down to two choices within my price range.
    I'm thinking of getting either the Sennheiser HD515 or the Sennheiser HD280 closed circumaural headphones (traditional). Why is the 280 rated higher but not as popular? And, overall, WHICH ONE SHOULD I GET?! :rolleyes: :confused: