Headphones for use with iPhone and iPod Shuffle?

Miss Mandy

I have an iPhone 3GS and an iPod Shuffle 3rd Gen (the one without any buttons) which I need to get a decent set of headphones for. I would really like a set that have the controls in them so that I can keep functionality of the devices.
What's the best way to achieve this?
I've had a look for a controller, but can only find the Belkin one which has mixed reviews. Are there other ones on the market that I've missed?

Alternatively are there any good quality headphones out there that already have the controls built in?
I find the standard Apple ones uncomfortable so I don't want to get another pair of those, and I don't want to spend the money on the in-ear Apple ones if they are not the best quality for the money.
My budget is a maximum of £50, and I need a set that will stay in place in the gym and that other people won't hear while I'm using them.

sachman

Standard Member
for £60 you can get the scosche IDR 655m - I've got them they are brilliant
klipsche s4i is very popular but more expensive - I actually returned them due to slightly weak bass but clarity is better than above

Miss Mandy

I've never heard of Scosche before so I'll look into those. I'll probably be giving the Klipsche a miss though as they are out of my price range at the moment.

Miss Mandy

So in the end I decided to go for a set of headphones without controls on them and see how I get on. I went for the Sennheiser CX300 in ears and they are great, but a bit too bassy for some of the music I listen to.
Is this a common occurrence with Sennheiser? If so, what other brands should I be looking at for good sound quality but not too much bass?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom