Quantcast

Headphones for Sony NW-A45 Walkman

RodneyJ

Novice Member
Hi

I am a classical music fan and have purchased a Sony NW-A45 Walkman. I am looking for a suitable Bluetooth headphone (for use at home) that can handle High-Resolution Audio - up to FLAC 192Hz/24-bit files and (possibly) DSD files. I prefer the over-ear style.

In view of the cost of the Walkman and the fact that I am a pensioner, my budget is limited to £200 and I live in the UK.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

RodneyJ

psikey

Distinguished Member
If you want any chance of playing HD Audio over Bluetooth at very good quality you need a set that does LDAC

For best audio over Bluetooth close to your max price one of best are Sony WH-1000xM3

But even Amazon Warehouse is slightly over your budget

£228.79
& Eligible for FREE UK Delivery. Details

Used - Good
Small cosmetic imperfection on top, front or sides of item. Item ... » Read more

Fulfilled by Amazon

Only a wired headphone would give you true reproduction of 192/24 or DSD. Even LDAC BT maxes out at around 48/24.

Below combination would be better audio quality IMO if you don't want Noise Cancelling:

You could use one of these £55 adapters with a decent set of cheaper wired ones: https://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-BTR3-Bluetooth-Headphone-Amp/dp/B07FVN14FH/ref=sr_1_18?crid=SFVRZQ1YA0GL&keywords=ldac+headphones&qid=1566160352&s=electronics&sprefix=LDAC,electronics,132&sr=1-18

With a warehouse pair of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-X2HR-Resolution-Headphones-Isolation-Black/dp/B01N5VHLUG/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

£146.80
& Eligible for FREE UK Delivery. Details

Used - Good
Small cosmetic imperfection on top, front or sides of item. Small... » Read more

Last edited:

dannnielll

Agree with the Sony 1000 statement, but the Sony 900 ,which while not as good,are not far behind.
The Sony NWA45 is nice kit ..I have its predecessor . But While it can play it ,no Bluetooth headset, including the LDAC Sonys can handle full 192k FLAC, losslessly. The processing in tge player recodes it into the bandwidth available Perhaps you need to question your need for Wireless..Many Wired headphones are as good audibly.. Including Sonys and Sennheissiers.

Top Bottom