Headphones for series X

Well I had £50 of Amazon vouchers that needed using so well it was a no brainer. Wanted to wait for reviews but for what I’ve had to pay out I can’t really lose here.

I've pulled the trigger on a pair, managed to bag a set on Amazon UK

Will be sending my Arctis 7X Headphones back for a refund

As per the title, it would appear that preorders are either not yet open or they have all been allocated on MS, so is anywhere taking preorders yet?

Ordered mine on amazon 84.99

As per the title, it would appear that preorders are either not yet open or they have all been allocated on MS, so is anywhere taking preorders yet?
MS store sold out on day one, GAME and Amazon were the other two places with stock so that's where you should check.

Cab abyone tell mee correct way to setup dolby atmos. I get the app and all the guides say i have to have the headset hard wired to the controller, yet there is a usb option, I have Steelseries 1 so have a usb receiver plugged into the xbox. Also do i uncheck the headphone hdmi box?

Think I will wait for some reviews before I commit to buying these, I probably have unrealistic hopes but I'd like to see VOX and sidetone featured - otherwise I probably won't see them as an upgrade to my Hyper X Cloud II's.

Unless someone tells me that the sound quality is jaw-droppingly good.......

Think I will wait for some reviews before I commit to buying these, I probably have unrealistic hopes but I'd like to see VOX and sidetone featured - otherwise I probably won't see them as an upgrade to my Hyper X Cloud II's.

Unless someone tells me that the sound quality is jaw-droppingly good.......
I only went for then because I had amazon vouchers ready and waiting and it made what already looked like a good deal seem really cheap. I'll let you know how they are when they come if there aren't any reviews by then. I don't expect sound to be amazing at all - not for the price - but we'll see.

Features wise they are a step up from the A20's I'm using but the A20's sound great.

I actually think the sound could be decent, I had the stereo headset for Xbox One and thought that was not bad for the price especially as it came with the adapter.

Looking forward to having a wireless set since getting rid of my Astro A50's and using HyperX Cloud Alpha since. And they are costing me £20 so if they are crap I will just sell them on and stick with my Hyper X's

Why did you get rid of the Astro A50s if you don’t mind me asking

Why did you get rid of the Astro A50s if you don’t mind me asking

I wasn't using them to be honest. They were decent but I much preferred my Hyper X Set in the end, just plug into the controller and not worry about charging or plugging in chat cable when needed. Sound wise using Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos the hyper x are as good. They were Gen 2 A50's so would not work with Series X also.

Also purchased the DTS-X Headphone app, looking forward to some better spacial sounds.......

.....which still won't improve my gameplay on Warzone :rotfl:

Also purchased the DTS-X Headphone app, looking forward to some better spacial sounds.......

.....which still won't improve my gameplay on Warzone :rotfl:
Do we think this or atmos would be better placed for WArzone

Do we think this or atmos would be better placed for WArzone
DTSX and set to spacious gives you the best directional sound of any of these - at the cost of it sounding as nice...

Doesn't matter on warzone.... The sound is crap on that game no matter what you use.

I just wish someone would put the whale out of its misery. Or whatever is making the awful noise all the time in Warzone

I just wish someone would put the whale out of its misery. Or whatever is making the awful noise all the time in Warzone
Also i want to know why when there's a helicopter 2 foot above my head, i can't hear it.

Ordered the new official Xbox ones, as the price seems reasonable considering the spec.

Tried the Corsair Hs75’s recently, but didn’t like the charging indicator light only working now and then. Liked their sound though, so hoping the Xbox ones will still be ‘good enough‘ compared to them.

Fingers crossed that any software issues and updates will be straightforward, with them being integrated into the Xbox ecosystem.

Also hope that I don’t adjust the big control wheels too often when I put them on and take them off each time 😁

Ordered the new official Xbox ones, as the price seems reasonable considering the spec.

Tried the Corsair Hs75’s recently, but didn’t like the charging indicator light only working now and then. Liked their sound though, so hoping the Xbox ones will still be ‘good enough‘ compared to them.

Fingers crossed that any software issues and updates will be straightforward, with them being integrated into the Xbox ecosystem.

Also hope that I don’t adjust the big control wheels too often when I put them on and take them off each time 😁
I got some Hs75s and hated them! Sidetone seemed to only work intermittently and I thought the sound was poor for the price.

Does anyone know when official MS headset will be back in stock? What's the best way to pick them up when they are available? I set an email alert for Amazon, but find that they are generally useless for in-demand items!

So last night I won 200 quid on the horses so decided I'd drive down to Argos before it closed and picked up some arctis 9x's couldn't be bothered trying them out last night....are they any good lol

I got some Hs75s and hated them! Sidetone seemed to only work intermittently and I thought the sound was poor for the price.

Does anyone know when official MS headset will be back in stock? What's the best way to pick them up when they are available? I set an email alert for Amazon, but find that they are generally useless for in-demand items!
Just managed to pre-order a pair on the Microsoft store From my iPad. On the edge browser it comes up as out of stock, but on Safari it allowed me to order a pair.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom