King Tones

Distinguished Member
Bagged one via MS...whoop whoop

Just hope they use my expiring credit...

iwb100

Distinguished Member
Well I had £50 of Amazon vouchers that needed using so well it was a no brainer. Wanted to wait for reviews but for what I’ve had to pay out I can’t really lose here.

d3m0n

As per the title, it would appear that preorders are either not yet open or they have all been allocated on MS, so is anywhere taking preorders yet?

adbailey18

Ordered mine on amazon 84.99

Peew971

As per the title, it would appear that preorders are either not yet open or they have all been allocated on MS, so is anywhere taking preorders yet?
MS store sold out on day one, GAME and Amazon were the other two places with stock so that's where you should check.

maverick177uk

Distinguished Member
Cab abyone tell mee correct way to setup dolby atmos. I get the app and all the guides say i have to have the headset hard wired to the controller, yet there is a usb option, I have Steelseries 1 so have a usb receiver plugged into the xbox. Also do i uncheck the headphone hdmi box?

woody10381

Think I will wait for some reviews before I commit to buying these, I probably have unrealistic hopes but I'd like to see VOX and sidetone featured - otherwise I probably won't see them as an upgrade to my Hyper X Cloud II's.

Unless someone tells me that the sound quality is jaw-droppingly good.......

iwb100

Distinguished Member
Think I will wait for some reviews before I commit to buying these, I probably have unrealistic hopes but I'd like to see VOX and sidetone featured - otherwise I probably won't see them as an upgrade to my Hyper X Cloud II's.

Unless someone tells me that the sound quality is jaw-droppingly good.......
I only went for then because I had amazon vouchers ready and waiting and it made what already looked like a good deal seem really cheap. I'll let you know how they are when they come if there aren't any reviews by then. I don't expect sound to be amazing at all - not for the price - but we'll see.

Features wise they are a step up from the A20's I'm using but the A20's sound great.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
I actually think the sound could be decent, I had the stereo headset for Xbox One and thought that was not bad for the price especially as it came with the adapter.

Looking forward to having a wireless set since getting rid of my Astro A50's and using HyperX Cloud Alpha since. And they are costing me £20 so if they are crap I will just sell them on and stick with my Hyper X's

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Why did you get rid of the Astro A50s if you don’t mind me asking

I wasn't using them to be honest. They were decent but I much preferred my Hyper X Set in the end, just plug into the controller and not worry about charging or plugging in chat cable when needed. Sound wise using Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos the hyper x are as good. They were Gen 2 A50's so would not work with Series X also.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom