WhiteHartMart

Distinguished Member
Those look great and really good to see the features for adjusting features/sound via the Xbox itself. The equaliser is a great addition :)

Dazimus

Distinguished Member
Would’ve liked to see a 3.5mm plug to use wired on other consoles or if the battery dies. Bluetooth 4.2 seems odd too, I’d have expected 5.0 nowadays.

USB C is nice though, albeit that should also be a standard anyway by now.

Last edited:

Nukleuz

USB C charge port too.
Have about £110 worth of reward points that I was saving for storage.. hmmm..
Or do I continue saving for Elite 3....

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
I'd hope they are better than the 3d Pulse as they've had disappointing reviews re sound and build quality. I would have been tempted with them - Sony make the best high end headphones and their last gaming headset was brilliant seems a miss this time.
Good job i've ignored them reviews then because I've got a set and they are really good.

iwb100

Distinguished Member
Good job i've ignored them reviews then because I've got a set and they are really good.
Depends what you compare them to. Heard a few say that compared to say the steelseries or A20s they are poor sound wise and build wise.

I’m fairly picky so a flat soundstage doesn’t excite me.

MarkyPancake

Distinguished Member
Caught the news about the new Xbox headset on YouTube earlier and thought they looked good. Not something I need right now, as I'm still happy with my Turtle Beach X41 and Stealth 600 setups. I always thought it was odd they didn't make something first-party like this sooner, like Sony did for the PS4.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Will keep an eye on those as have some Reward Points saved up.

Peew971

Was sold out on MS store 10 mins ago but back up now for me. Very tempting but I'm quite happy with my Steelseries, don't think I would be upgrading.

iwb100

Distinguished Member
Was sold out on MS store 10 mins ago but back up now for me. Very tempting but I'm quite happy with my Steelseries, don't think I would be upgrading.
I mean it has every feature the 9X has plus a few more for half the price so one has to assume that sound quality wise these take a hit. I’m fascinated to see how they review. Even if sound is just passable for the feature set the price is insane.

Peew971

I mean it has every feature the 9X has plus a few more for half the price so one has to assume that sound quality wise these take a hit. I’m fascinated to see how they review. Even if sound is just passable for the feature set the price is insane.
Is it really insane though? The PS5 headset costs the same.

Dazimus

Distinguished Member
I wouldn’t say that, Microsoft could always be taking a hit on the costs too.

iwb100

Distinguished Member
Is it really insane though? The PS5 headset costs the same.
I mean there is no equaliser on the Pulse 3D headset. Nor sound preset option. It doesn’t have Bluetooth full stop. Let alone simultaneous Bluetooth and wireless functionality. The Pulse 3D need a dongle so don’t have the wireless device to device functionality. . The pulse 3D don’t have the new rotating dials.

So if you take all that and say that you are talking an Xbox headset with all those features for more or less the same price. Then factor in the Pulse headsets don’t seem to have the greatest sound quality based on comparison to equivalent priced headsets and definitely are cheaper build quality then yes there are questions about what the Xbox headset will be like considering the insane feature list by comparison.

Kingster IOM

I've been on the edge of buying a headset for a couple of months, but couldn't decide what to get and the last couple of bought I ended up only using them for the first couple of weeks as I don't really need them as I can put the TV sound up as high as I want.

However, I've been craving a new set, and these sound ideal at £90. I'm not too fussed if the sound quality isn't awesome as I'm no audiophile.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Shame they are out of stock as it would only cost me £20 with my Rewards Credit.

chillo

I'm after the new MS wireless headphones, anyone know of where you can pre order?
Can't find them on Amazon?

iwb100

Distinguished Member
I’ve only seen them on Microsoft’s store but when I put them in the basket it’s says they are out of stock.
Presumably other retailers will get some as they did in US but seems they’ve sold out very very fast everywhere. One assumes these would have launched alongside consoles in non Covid times. As said above they are insane value for money based on feature list alone. But be good to see what reviewers make of them. Some have had issues with headsets that utilise the full Xbox wireless protocols so hopefully MS have fixed such issues now.

Peew971

I'm after the new MS wireless headphones, anyone know of where you can pre order?
Can't find them on Amazon?
MS sold out but GAME still have them up for pre-order. They probably have a delivery fee though.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Someone tag me if they spot it come back in stock on MS Website please !

Peew971

Up on Amazon for £85!

Peew971

Someone tag me if they spot it come back in stock on MS Website please !
1613570236861.png

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 24th February 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
LG opens up webOS platform to TV manufacturers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
NAD launches MDC USB DSD upgrade module
  • By Andy Bassett