Sy1441

Can I use my Bose QC35's with my Xbox? Do they need to be cabled?

I've got Hyper-X Cloud II's which are pretty good which I use just now, are these Arctic things the best out there?

N0ddie

QC35s will have to be cables into the controller. I used mine for nearly a year this way. I bought the cable with the inline mic also so could chat to.

Ptenisnet

Well I got my arctis 7x yesterday (thanks @Dazimus :love: ) and I just swap the dongle between devices, so far the ps5 and xbox series x.
Also plugged the dongle into my macbook silicon m1 did a full reset of the headphones (as 2nd hand) and changed the settings on it, set the eq and whatnot.
Very happy with the sound :)

Thanks for the info 👍🏻

If I have 2 or more Arctis 7x, can I just use one wireless single for all of them at the same time (like playing split screen mp) so I don’t use up all the USB ports on the xbox?

The Fuggler

I don’t think I could own any other gaming headset after trying the Audeze Mobius/Penrose. They’re leagues ahead of anything I’ve heard.

Had mine a month now. My only gripe is getting the chat mix right is not the most intuitive. Other than that they are fabulous.

jmacc

Distinguished Member
Arctic 7X back in stock at SS.

REINESSA12 for £141.
Still loving my ones.
Few people say the mic is a bit crap but I don't use the mic, just happy it had decent sound and works on SX & PS5 :thumbsup:

looking forward to trying them with "the medium" on SX, hopefully nice and scary.

Sunshinewelly

Distinguished Member
I have a set of audeze mobius headphone but only use them on my pc - i did not think they worked on the Xbix series x - i was looking at getting a set of the SS7x to use on the xbox

damo09

Anyone know how to reset Astro a50s

Vini

Spent 20 mins comparing DTS Inbound (trial) vs Dolby Atmos (purchased).

Id initially just ‘set and forget’ the Atmos app, but after trying DTS:X and finding it seemed to do a lot more to the sound, had a poke in Atmos and found that turning off Performance mode gave a sound on par to DTS:X.

I then found Atmos had an EQ.

the internet says in a battle of DTS:X vs Atmos, it’s personal preference. My point here is, if you haven’t touched either app, get the trials installed and have a play.

they immediately improved my 7X.

jmacc

Distinguished Member

Id initially just ‘set and forget’ the Atmos app, but after trying DTS:X and finding it seemed to do a lot more to the sound, had a poke in Atmos and found that turning off Performance mode gave a sound on par to DTS:X.

the internet says in a battle of DTS:X vs Atmos, it’s personal preference. My point here is, if you haven’t touched either app, get the trials installed and have a play.

And what EQ do you have the 7x set to in the steelseries app?
I have mine on "immersive".

iwb100

Distinguished Member

If you turn off performance mode you get worse directional sound.

I'd say Atmos sounds better as in - just listening to stuff its a nicer sound. DTS:X has better directional information.....

Vini

I'd say Atmos sounds better as in - just listening to stuff its a nicer sound. DTS:X has better directional information.....

This is pretty much my conclusion, but on the basis I already own Atmos, there’s not £15s worth of difference/benefit to buy DTS:X in addition to Atmos, I don’t think.

Vini

Found a pic of the EQ I have...

Attachments

• CC1CD57E-1932-4BB9-A1AC-C1B7DFC846F8.jpeg
    CC1CD57E-1932-4BB9-A1AC-C1B7DFC846F8.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 24

Vini

Thanks
From memory its fairly similar to the immersive setting?
No idea really. I literally spent 30s in the app, applying my go to ‘v’ (high lows/high highs). I never compared one with another, nor did I even try the phones on flat.

EQing will be personal, and unlikely one size fits all.

had I known about the Atmos EQ before altering my 7X, I’d have just done that I think.

JayKay70

Music with custom tweaks...

Im contemplating going back to ‘flat’ and using the EQ in Atmos however.

I do believe that if you want Atmos to work correctly you have to have the 7x Series App EQ set too Flat.......read up on it somewhere.

Ol SHOOTEM lO

Novice Member
My Turtle Beach X07 are on there last legs.
What headphones does anyone recommend for the series x. Around £70 or under.
I had XO7's and they technically are still great, but I got a Series X on day one, and so I also got the new Stealth 700 gen 2 headphones, which sound awesome as well, and are completely wireless. My only issue with them, is if you turn off your headset while the xbox is on, you will disconnect the Bluetooth from not only the headset, which is normal, but also the series x controller, which is definitely NOT supposed to happen. If you power down the xbox from the UI, it will shut down all 3 just fine. One more issue, is once the controllers Bluetooth is disconnected via the headset, the only way to reconnect is to shut down the xbox entirely, then unplug it...wait a few seconds and plug it back in.....very tedious process.

Nukleuz

New MS ones coming next month...

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member

$100 so looking like thier own version of the Pulse headset in the same price range. Look decent.

iwb100

Distinguished Member
They look pretty good would like to see some reviews because they are in the sub £100 bracket but right at the top end of that. Would want to know they are equivalent at least to the A20's but IF they are the big advantage is the eq inbuilt into the Xbox app and the fact they can wirelessly go between systems without a dongle. That's neat. They look nice.

BMox81

Distinguished Member
Yeah I've slapped an pre-order in for them. They look great.

iwb100

Distinguished Member

$100 so looking like thier own version of the Pulse headset in the same price range. Look decent.

I'd hope they are better than the 3d Pulse as they've had disappointing reviews re sound and build quality. I would have been tempted with them - Sony make the best high end headphones and their last gaming headset was brilliant seems a miss this time.

I'm just suspicious about the features for the price point - probably like the Sony set there will be some significant downsides - high end features like the dials and fully wireless AND Bluetooth at this price point usually mean something has been skimped on!

EDIT: Yeah reading up on this thing its absolutely premium feature packed you can connect via bluetooth to a device at the same time as wirelessly to your xbox....that's pretty wild - not sure any headset out there allows that - do the top end Steelseries do that?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 24th February 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
LG opens up webOS platform to TV manufacturers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
NAD launches MDC USB DSD upgrade module
  • By Andy Bassett