Headphones for series X

That's a link to the U.S. site, I can't find any indication on the U.K. site that there's any offers on.
It's a moot point as the saying goes because they don't have any HS75's in stock anyway, in fact there's a handful of their headsets that are out of stock.
There's a black Friday code on the U.S. site (BF2020) but it doesn't seem to work in the U.K. 🙁

Made me mind up Arctis 9x, im positive now. lol

nope lol

Yeah i think i have now or those Corsair HS75

Just ordered a set of Steelseries Arctis 1 from their own website and if you log in as a member there's 25% off various stuff.

I couldn't see that the 7X justified the extra cash, and £75 seems like a decent price for a set I can also use on PS, PC and Switch.

Just ordered a set of Steelseries Arctis 1 from their own website and if you log in as a member there's 25% off various stuff.

I couldn't see that the 7X justified the extra cash, and £75 seems like a decent price for a set I can also use on PS, PC and Switch.

Exactly my thinking. Hard to find any major difference between the 1 Wireless and 7X other than a big difference in price. Mine should arrive Tuesday...

You sure?

tenor-1.gif

I had the 9x a few months ago and was having issues with cracking etc so returned them back to Argos, I’ve now received my brand new 7x (purchased from Steelseries DK) and can’t use them till Xmas :(

I bought the turtle beach stealth 600 generation 2 for £75. Very nice using the windows sonic settings not too loud but you can hear positions quite well. Very happy with them

Arctic 1s from Amazon warehouse £63 not bad just a beat up box from what I can’t tell and a month of gamepass for free inside, bonus. Xbox should arrive by Monday I can’t wait to fire it up

Bought the TB Stealth 700 Gen 2 :smashin:
What a steaming pile of donkey dung. Should be called Turtle's Head. I downloaded the app for Android - Audio Hub - it then says a critical firmware update is available get the app! I'm using the chuffing thing.
I'm not alone in my woes looking at the reviews.
Edit: Build quality and sound is good though but app is pants.

Last edited:
So the other half went shopping last night and got my the Steelseries 9x for Xmas. Had enough of hearing the thud thud thud when she goes to bed she says. (Plan may of worked 😉)

What a steaming pile of donkey dung. Should be called Turtle's Head. I downloaded the app for Android - Audio Hub - it then says a critical firmware update is available get the app! I'm using the chuffing thing.
I'm not alone in my woes looking at the reviews.

I've got the Stealth 600 (Gen 1), so can't use the mobile app and have to use the desktop app. However, it wouldn't recognise the headphones were connected to the laptop with the supplied USB cable, so I used another cable I had and then it detected it.

I've got the Stealth 600 (Gen 1), so can't use the mobile app and have to use the desktop app. However, it wouldn't recognise the headphones were connected to the laptop with the supplied USB cable, so I used another cable I had and then it detected it.
I've also got the Stealth 600's and dug them out yesterday to charge them up in case I hurled the others across the room.

To be fair to TB, their 700 Gen 2 are a vast improvement in sound and quality. I haven't experienced such a poor quality app though - and one that required GPS to function! Upshot is they work and I don't think I need any updated firmware.

My Stealth 600 have been working fine with the Series X since first syncing them. Haven't checked for an update in the Turtle Beach app yet, but last time I did, there hadn't been one for quite a while.

Anyone had any issues ordering from SteelSeries direct? I ordered the Arctis 1 Wireless for Xbox on Thursday, and the status is still saying 'Preparing for Shipment'.

Thought it would have shown signs of movement by now, delivery estimate is tomorrow or Wednesday. Maybe I'm just being a tad impatient?

Anyone had any issues ordering from SteelSeries direct? I ordered the Arctis 1 Wireless for Xbox on Thursday, and the status is still saying 'Preparing for Shipment'.

Thought it would have shown signs of movement by now, delivery estimate is tomorrow or Wednesday. Maybe I'm just being a tad impatient?
I ordered the 7x on Wednesday, and had the shipping email on Friday saying that they'll be delivered on Wednesday this week (they are currently in Germany according to UPS).

Having seen your earlier post about differences between the 7x and 1 wireless for xbox - I'm now wondering why I didn't go for the 1s too! The only difference I can see is in the headbands, the chatmix dial (which I probably won't ever use) and the mic is removeable on the 1s and retractable in the 7x's. I think I probably looked at the non-Xbox 1s and ruled them out as they needed to be wired to the controller :facepalm:

I ordered the 7x on Wednesday, and had the shipping email on Friday saying that they'll be delivered on Wednesday this week (they are currently in Germany according to UPS).

Having seen your earlier post about differences between the 7x and 1 wireless for xbox - I'm now wondering why I didn't go for the 1s too! The only difference I can see is in the headbands, the chatmix dial (which I probably won't ever use) and the mic is removeable on the 1s and retractable in the 7x's. I think I probably looked at the non-Xbox 1s and ruled them out as they needed to be wired to the controller :facepalm:

SteelSeries aren't exactly clear about them that's for sure. Looking at the Arctis 1 - there are a number of varieties - standard Arctis 1 (wired), Arctis 1 Wireless, and Arctis 1 Wireless for Xbox. There are probably others too.

The 7X are probably more premium to be fair - I'm sure you'll be happy with them when they arrive. Didn't realise the 1s don't have the chat-mix dial but not a big issue for me personally - will just use the Xbox dash controls.

Just hoping mine turn up as estimated...still preparing to ship atm 🤔

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom