Headphones for series X

The SteelSeries headphones come from Denmark (if ordered on their website), just if anyone was thinking they’d get them within a couple days. I ordered my pair last Friday and they are due for delivery this Friday (UPS). They are sitting in Germany at the moment advancing closer and closer.

Does anyone know of any shops in the UK selling the SteelSeries 7x? I've tried all the usuals (Argos, Currys, Amazon, Ebuyer, ...) but none even seem to stock them, although they all do have some of the other 7 variants and the 9x. I'm just trying to figure out whether to wait a few days to see if Black Friday might bring their prices down a bit, or just go ahead with the YELO12 code direct from SteelSeries.

After numerous emails and support tickets with steelseries and Microsoft regarding the artic 9x issue with series x, steelseries have now asked for proof of purchase and serial number of my headset to check if still in warranty. Then I have to send the headset to them so they can test and then they will issues a purchase code for like for like on the website. I think this is an admission of an issue they can't fix as they haven't said it would be an exchange for the same headset it would be like for like.
The only way I can stop the headset rebooting the console and locking the controller is by powering off the headset when the console is on and then hold the power button on the headset for 6 seconds so it then unpairs the headset. Then I can shut the series x down without it rebooting.

Does anyone know of any shops in the UK selling the SteelSeries 7x? I've tried all the usuals (Argos, Currys, Amazon, Ebuyer, ...) but none even seem to stock them, although they all do have some of the other 7 variants and the 9x. I'm just trying to figure out whether to wait a few days to see if Black Friday might bring their prices down a bit, or just go ahead with the YELO12 code direct from SteelSeries.

I ain't seen any of them for sale anywhere else but direct from steel series, imo i would use that code and buy them direct, that code is a nice discount.

Shame really as i bought 3 pairs of the Arctic 7x, two days later that code came out :mad::laugh:

I ain't seen any of them for sale anywhere else but direct from steel series, imo i would use that code and buy them direct, that code is a nice discount.

Shame really as i bought 3 pairs of the Arctic 7x, two days later that code came out :mad::laugh:
I had the same result when I searched for 7x's, the only place selling them was direct. I'm assuming because they are a recent new release. I ordered my pair over a weekend and they arrived the following Thursday from Denmark. They were packed in an outer brown box. I love them, really comfortable and sound great.

As far as I'm aware they're only available from Steelseries direct and because they are in Denmark (I think?) it can take a few days for delivery.
They also have their "black Friday" sale on at the moment but the 7x's aren't in the sale, not surprising as they are a fairly new model 👍

After numerous emails and support tickets with steelseries and Microsoft regarding the artic 9x issue with series x, steelseries have now asked for proof of purchase and serial number of my headset to check if still in warranty. Then I have to send the headset to them so they can test and then they will issues a purchase code for like for like on the website. I think this is an admission of an issue they can't fix as they haven't said it would be an exchange for the same headset it would be like for like.
The only way I can stop the headset rebooting the console and locking the controller is by powering off the headset when the console is on and then hold the power button on the headset for 6 seconds so it then unpairs the headset. Then I can shut the series x down without it rebooting.
I’m not sure this is right. It’s an issue affecting lots of wireless headsets and somehow linked to the controller. So it’s up to ms to fix.

Only direct from steelseries, I'd buy them now mate, I can't see them dropping in price much if at all on black Friday as they are brand new, use the code while it's still available!

I’m not sure this is right. It’s an issue affecting lots of wireless headsets and somehow linked to the controller. So it’s up to ms to fix.
I’m starting to get really annoyed with this. Constant Audio crackling and the blinking console disconnecting the controller is driving me nuts.

Sure.

Amazon product ASIN B00YXO5U40
Amazon product ASIN B0816T8BNY
Two options - afraid I've not really used anything at the low end - so can't comment too much sadly. All will work though. And the last link (obviously a cheapo Chinese brand) does get good reviews. Or one of the TB ones if you want a more established make.

Finally:

Amazon product ASIN B07SJ1RTKH
Amazon product ASIN B083Q6Q41G
Bit more - but think these are good for price.....
Picked up these in the end, bought one for my son and one as a gift for his cousin who plays with all the time. £25 a set so cheers for that mate.

Amazon product ASIN B07BB3PYD8

Screenshot_20201125-163151.png
This was the response I got from xbox support.

I've just bought a pair of Arctis X9's for my Xbox series X (When I get it?) and they don't work with the console? They are advertised and have on their packaging that they work with the Xbox X! Is this an issue that is affecting a minority or is it happening to every pair with the Xbox X?

Tested my stealth 600 wireless playing assassins creed valhalla

If you use new controller you get sounds drop outs if you don't touch the controller, especially if watching a cut scenes. As soon as you touch controller sound is fine again

Then tried with my old elite controller and no problems whatsoever

Bizarre fault as would have assumed same wireless technology in both controllers

This is from the Arctis support site:

my arctis 9x is having audio / connection issues on the xbox series x|s

this is a known issue with the xbox series x|s and microsoft is working on a solution

using a previous generation xbox controller may resolve this issu

from microsoft

known issue: some users noticing audio issues when using a wireless headset if they leave their controller go untouched for ~10 seconds
workaround: the proper teams are aware and looking to resolve the issue in a future update but there is no eta at this time for that fix. the issue will stop when the user starts to use the controller again or by continually using the thumbsticks/buttons. alternately, you can also temporarily resolve this by using an xbox one generation controller.

Tested my stealth 600 wireless playing assassins creed valhalla

If you use new controller you get sounds drop outs if you don't touch the controller, especially if watching a cut scenes. As soon as you touch controller sound is fine again

Then tried with my old elite controller and no problems whatsoever

Bizarre fault as would have assumed same wireless technology in both controllers
Does this issue happen with the new elite controller?

I'm using the elite v2 with the 9x's and haven't heard any noise issues.
Steelseries have now emailed asking to start a warranty return. This would be either sending back the 9x's or sending them proof of destruction to save time shipping the headset back. The swap would be like for like but the other headsets haven't got Bluetooth which I use alot when finishing games and watching movies on Nvidia shield.
At the moment the unpairing whilst the xbox is on (turn off headset then press and hold power for 6 seconds) doesn't reboot the console and lock the controller. I can then shut down the console via controller and select Bluetooth on the headset. Bit of a pain but it works. Torn on wether to carry on with the warranty rma or just keep the 9x's and hope a fix comes along sometime soon.

I'm using the elite v2 with the 9x's and haven't heard any noise issues.
Steelseries have now emailed asking to start a warranty return. This would be either sending back the 9x's or sending them proof of destruction to save time shipping the headset back. The swap would be like for like but the other headsets haven't got Bluetooth which I use alot when finishing games and watching movies on Nvidia shield.
At the moment the unpairing whilst the xbox is on (turn off headset then press and hold power for 6 seconds) doesn't reboot the console and lock the controller. I can then shut down the console via controller and select Bluetooth on the headset. Bit of a pain but it works. Torn on wether to carry on with the warranty rma or just keep the 9x's and hope a fix comes along sometime soon.
Same as me. Not sure if I claim back or wait. I love the headset so tempted to wait but no clue how long this may take

I've had the 9x's about a year now. I think warranty is 2 years but not 100%. I'm going to reply tomorrow and see what timescale I have. Think I'd rather hold out a month or 2

Do the Arctic 1s work with PC? Seems they work with everything else

Just got Artis One Wireless Xbox Versions yesterday and can confirm it will work with everything, I really like them and I'm coming from a pair of Astro A40's that I thought would never be beat. Overall I prefer them to the Astro's, the sound is better especially the bass, I was amazed at how much extra sound I noticed. Not as comfortable as the Astro's, but then the Astro's are fantastically comfortable, it's a bit tighter and closer to my ear where as my Astro's sat around my ear. Also £66 for wireless then the cost of Dolby Atmos or DTS X is an absolute bargain.

Just got Artis One Wireless Xbox Versions yesterday and can confirm it will work with everything, I really like them and I'm coming from a pair of Astro A40's that I thought would never be beat. Overall I prefer them to the Astro's, the sound is better especially the bass, I was amazed at how much extra sound I noticed. Not as comfortable as the Astro's, but then the Astro's are fantastically comfortable, it's a bit tighter and closer to my ear where as my Astro's sat around my ear. Also £66 for wireless then the cost of Dolby Atmos or DTS X is an absolute bargain.
Cheers seem god for the price, I was looking at the 7x but just too much money.

I've pulled the trigger on the Arctis 1 Wireless for Xbox as well. My mic on my current headset is goosed so had no other choice. I've looked around at all options but kept coming back to the Steel Series line. The 1s seem to be a good value for money choice.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom