Headphones for Panasonic Blu Ray Player?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Aussiemarco, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Aussiemarco

Aussiemarco
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone. Desperate newbie here!!

For 3 years I've been enjoying my Blu Ray movies playing in my flat at full bore. I've been really spoiled, with my upstairs neighbours never being at home before 10:00pm, so I timed my movie watching to end before 10:00.

New neighbours moved in upstairs 3 months ago, and the first time I started playing a movie (at 5:00pm), they were banging on the door yelling at me to turn it down!!!!!! I haven't watched anything since then, worrying that I'll upset them. Now its time to start watching my movies again, and obviously - for my own personal piece of mind and to be able to get right into the movie - I need to find a really good set of headphones that will give a totally immersive experience.

My needs are -

- Fantastic sound quality.
    - Wireless.
    - Surround sound, or simulated surround that is as close to 5.1 speakers as possible.
    - Comfy on the ears (think extended LOTR running time).
    - Can just plug into my Panasonic SC BTT190 Blu Ray player without an amp.

I've looked at Sennheiser, but don't know if they can just plug into the back of the player!! My budget is £100 to £250.

Thanks for any comments :)

2. Incrediboy

Incrediboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    I know this is going to blow your budget by a bit but I've heard good things about these.
    They've got HDMI throughput so you can plug your Panasonic in to this via HDMI then you plug another HDMI from the headphone receiver to your TV. They also have optical in so you've got multiple options for inputs.

3. kelly200269

kelly200269

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    +1 on the Sony's. Not 'audiophile' quality, but very good nonetheless and give a convincing soundstage with soundtracks.