headphones for music and movies

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by 2012, Jul 29, 2012.

1. 2012

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hi I need a pair of headphones

to listen to music and watch movies so I don;t disturb other people,
    I was wonder what i should get ?

I have seen 3 pairs first the 2 lower end first is a jvc will cost £25 JVC HA-S360 Reviews - Compare Prices and Deals - Reevoo
    next is sony Sony ZX300 Reviews - Compare Prices and Deals - Reevoo

3rd this one was suggester by a mate nokia monster headphone ive been told there about £60 on ebay

the nokia is a good option because i can use it with my phone and has a mic but is it worth paying the extra £35

I will not be using all the time may be a few hour every few days
    any help is welcome

2. Spleen

Spleen
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, ill give you my opinion for what its worth..

If you dont want to disturb anyone else then you just need to make sure whatever you get is 'closed-back'.

If youre going to wear them for a few hours at a time then comfort is important, cheaper headphones can feel hot and uncomfortable over longer periods of time. And your main use is films and music so you want something with decent sound quality imo.

Im new to this forum so i dont know if this is breaking rules but if you have a look here then it might help.. Closed Back HiFi Headphones | iheadphones

If i was in your position id consider spending a bit more if you can afford it. Ive always stuck with Sennheiser- theyve never given me any problems, really amaznig quality, you get what you pay for i think.

Let us know what you get :)

3. Spleen

Spleen
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    also id avoid anything make by nokia or anything gimmiky- if you want some for your phone id say get some cheap ones for that job, and invest what money you have in some others for film/music.

4. Spleen

Spleen
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    one more thing! Be careful when using ebay, theres fakes around, theres some info i just saw on this forum. Just stick with a proper licensed shop if you want to be sure. Though i imagine the fakes are more a problem with high-end headphones?