1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headphones for mini ipod

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by MrBurns, Jan 14, 2005.

Tags:
  1. MrBurns

MrBurns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi can someone recommend some good headphones for the mini ipod that sound good for rap music. I don't want them to be too big like earmuffs. My budget is about 30 quid .

Also when i use the EQ "hip hop" the bass sounds really crap on some songs, is this down to the headphones that you get with the ipod?

And finally, i encode my songs at 128kbps. But how much better does the music sound if you encode the songs at a higher rate? Is it worth the extra space for better quality songs?

Cheers.
    :)

2. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Try bassy earphones like the Sony MDR-EX71SL. They might work out better. The EQ on the iPod Mini is a bit pants, and over-boosted bass in the first place can distort on the iPod.

3. alan8477

alan8477

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I use Sennheiser PX100. Around £30.

4. Waser

Waser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    iPod EQs are not digital hence the crappy sound. Don't bother using them. Just use standard setting with some decent earphones like the Sony MDR-E888LP, I grabbed some off Ebay as can't get them in the UK, fantastic earphones if you don't like the canal/sealed fit of the EX71's.

5. ndenbow

ndenbow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    There are mixed views on the Sony EX71's. I'm on my second pair. I have heard of some reliability problems (right channel dead), and also if you have the slightest problem with earwax or are prone to ear infections WHATSOEVER then stay away from the Sony Ex71's. However they are great while they last (Sony replaced mine without question), and they do block out a lot of exxternal noise, such as London underground, public transport etc.

The Sennheisers are great headphones. I have some PX100's for holiday and they are great, especially as they fold up into a plastic case.

I have also heard that 'Shure' make great in-ear style phones but are about £60.

Hope this helps.

6. MrBurns

MrBurns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0