• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Headphones for Laptop

socrates28

Standard Member
I ordered these from HMV - however the order was unfulfilled - some people got them others did not.

AC MONSTER BEATS BY DR DRE SOLO HD: BLACK £74.44

I need a pair of headphones similar to these and around this price for use with my laptop (which I was also let down on - thats another story!)

Any advice most welcome.....

davejames

Established Member
Have you thought about other makes like Denon, Sennheiser, Beyer etc, you will end up with a better built & better sounding headphone.

vwdubman

Established Member
I would recommend Goldring NS1000 which give excellent sound especially for £55.

I have had them for about a year and rate them very high. There are reports on the internet about the build quality but I personally have not had any issues at all. I am very pleased with them.

socrates28

Standard Member
Thanks for the recommendation - one other thing that has occurred to me is that as I will be travelling with the headphones they will need to be space saving - i.e folding or something similar as they will be kept in either my hand luggage or laptop case - so if they are folding they need to be robust as well.

I am now budgeting around £100

Sorry to alter the spec guys!

davejames

Established Member
In that case have a look at the Denon AH-P372, they are foldable so ideal for travel.

vwdubman

Established Member
Thanks for the recommendation - one other thing that has occurred to me is that as I will be travelling with the headphones they will need to be space saving - i.e folding or something similar as they will be kept in either my hand luggage or laptop case - so if they are folding they need to be robust as well.

I am now budgeting around £100

Sorry to alter the spec guys!

They do come with a hard carry case so travelling with them should not be an issue.

davejames

Established Member
Well I guess look for the grey pad version instead of the black pads, but if thats true on the review then the brighter ones are an earlier model, so will be harder to find as time passes, these are grey but its only a photo.

Denon AH-P372 ,Denon AHP372

socrates28

Standard Member
Update!

I eventually bought Creative Aurvana Live! a.k.a. Denon 1001

Creative Aurvana Live Headphones: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

£51.49 - delivered.

They have arrived today I am more than happy with them as a set of travel headphones and at around £50 good value for money.

I will no doubt purchase another set of headphones for home use for around £150 - but thats a completely different thread.

Thanks for all your help guys!

davejames

Established Member
Ive seen some others with those headphones, they say they are quite good for the money as they are apparently Denon's rebranded.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom