1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headphones for IPOD & Portable DVD

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by mercury1, Jan 25, 2005.

1. mercury1

mercury1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello!

I'm looking for some advice as to whether there are any headphones that are suitable both for an IPOD and a portable DVD player - I'm not sure as to whether I prefer in-ear or over ear headphones! I've read that the Sony Fontopia phones are great for the IPOD but would they be good on a portable DVD player?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Hi...welcome to the forums....most phones that work with one should be fine with the other as well.
    Many people are happy with the Sony's,but it's also worth taking a look round here at other threads on the same topic....you'll find Etymotics and Shures being very popular for in-ear phones,and Sennheisers etc for ear-bud types.
    Neither the Shures nor Etymotics are cheap,but will offer a lot of performance and isolation from external noise,which can be very useful....certainly vastly better than the majority of other,cheaper ones.

3. Uridium

Uridium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,858
    Although the Shures etc are V.V. good, for the majority the high end Fontopia's sound almost as good at half the price. I'd recommend Sony MDR-EX71SL's . they are a bit flimsy but sound quality is very good

4. clarkyb

clarkyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    hi all
    i have the white fontopias for my minidisc and i can say they are very comfy, nice sound and block out the noise well- good for the ipod and i dont see why they wouldnt be fine for the dvd but you may want over ear for a portable dvd, but thats just my opinion. :thumbsup: