Headphones for Gaming

Fuzzmundo

Established Member
Reaction score
I want to be able to play the PS3 & XBOX 360 at night without waking up the rest of the house & also without the need to mute the volume so I though a pair of headphones would be the best move.

It is a bedroom set up so I currently do not have an amp so the headphones will probably be connected to the tv.

I read in another thread the Sennheiser 202 were suggested however the HD 203 are available for the same price.

I want some decent sounding headphones, not too concerned about the mic which is why I was looking at headphones rather than the gaming sets such as the turtle beach.

What would you suggest? Any other headphones recommended?

Anyone got any suggestions?

I have just bought Soundblaster Recon 3D Omega which can operate on PC, Mac, Xbox and PS3 via USB. Most reviews seem very positive. I will let you know how they are tomorrow after they arrive. RRP is £210 gadgets and games are doing them for £170.00

I want to be able to play the PS3 & XBOX 360 at night without waking up the rest of the house & also without the need to mute the volume so I though a pair of headphones would be the best move.

It is a bedroom set up so I currently do not have an amp so the headphones will probably be connected to the tv.

I read in another thread the Sennheiser 202 were suggested however the HD 203 are available for the same price.

I want some decent sounding headphones, not too concerned about the mic which is why I was looking at headphones rather than the gaming sets such as the turtle beach.

What would you suggest? Any other headphones recommended?

Hey, funny you ask 'cause I am looking for exactly the same thing.........:smashin:

Been doing some research this morning and I've got my list down to the following:

Audio Technica ATH-AD700
Ultrasone HFI 580
Sennheiser HD518

Also read on a site that the above are great for gaming as they have wide soundstage and a good range without the all too powerful bass.

Personally, I may go for the Audio Technica as the reviews are just that bit better.

I have just bought Soundblaster Recon 3D Omega which can operate on PC, Mac, Xbox and PS3 via USB. Most reviews seem very positive. I will let you know how they are tomorrow after they arrive. RRP is £210 gadgets and games are doing them for £170.00

Had my eye on these. I googled 'gadgets and games' for the £170 offer. Unfortunately could not find the site :mad:

:lease: kindly provide the website as the discount may sway me towards them.

The Beyerdynamic dt 880 pro 250 ohms or Audio Technica M50 are my other considered options.

The DT880 are semi open-back, they leak a lot.

I have the DT770 Pro/80 Ohm, they're the business ;) - I had the 32 Ohm flavour prior and the 80 Ohm version is bassier, which is preferable for gaming. It really helps immerse you during those 'Epic' moments! :)

What sort of gaming do you do?
Because if it's multi player/competitive gaming, Id recommend Astro A40's. I know you said about not wanting a "set" but I picked up a pair of these for myself, and honestly, they are brilliant. The sound clarity is good, easy to pinpoint enemies. However the bass isn't that good on these headphones. But I think these turn out to be so good because of the mixamp. It is so useful, It hooks up to my Xbox, computer and iPhone without ever needing to switch a cable. I have control over the voice/game balance which is amazing. No need to fiddle around with in game settings.

If its more cinematic/single player gaming i don't know what to recommend, you wont need to distinguish where your enemies are. You'd just want to hear the Roars of the Dragons and explosions of the bombs. :D

Also, im no "reviewer" nor am I a "pro in the field", just giving my opinion. :)

-Ell.

The DT770 Pro/80's are a comfort king, super powered bass...it makes you feel the explosions really nice. Definitely a fun headphone.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom