Headphones for friend - Sennheiser hd 215? (£50-70 budget)

iceyd

Established Member
Reaction score
My friend is currently looking at buying some headphones and is interested in getting the Sennheiser hd 215.

From my search on the forum there doesn't appear to be much discussion on these set and was wondering if anyone could provide more info on these or recommend alternatives for up to the £70 mark.

Thank you.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
There are lots of choices under your friend's price range. Which kind of music he like? do they need to be portable?

They do look a bit odd on the head, although perhaps not as odd as the HD280... which this rather resembles in overall character. Not a bassy phone, pretty good isolation, reasonable comfort and good accuracy - although it doesn't have the ultimate frequency response of the 280.

I do quite like the new Sony MDR-ZX700. Once again, not a bassy phone but has a nice level of detail and evenness of presentation (which means that it doesn't scoop out the midrange), good comfort, decent isolation and looks somewhat better on the head than the 215 - and will work out of practically anything. Only real liability is a narrow soundstage. Oh, and it doesn't fold but then neither does the 215 - though the ZX700 lacks the DJ-orientated swing-up earcup hinge of the 215, if that's important for your friend. Amazon has it for £63.

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply guys, been very busy and had no time to come on here.

My friend ended up going for Audio-Technica ATH-M50 which is well above her original budget lol.

Thanks for the replies though and sorry for wasting your time.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom