headphones for E30/L30

jcr71

Established Member
Reaction score
ive just picked up a Topping E30/L30 combo from the classifieds to run off my pc.
im currently using some old Sennheiser hd 570 headphones, which ive had since the late 90's, and think its time for an upgrade.
what would people recommend?

i listen to classical, country & western and pop from the last century.

thanks.

ive just picked up a Topping E30/L30 combo from the classifieds to run off my pc.
im currently using some old Sennheiser hd 570 headphones, which ive had since the late 90's, and think its time for an upgrade.
what would people recommend?

i listen to classical, country & western and pop from the last century.

thanks.
I was using HD590 but wanted better (don't we always?).
I tried favoured / best-buy models from Beyer, AKG and other Sennheiser....and was never as impressed as I should have been (especially considering the price of some of them).
Then, when they came out, I bought the HD560S for £152 from Sennheiser Direct. I feed them with the balanced output from a Topping A50S.
They sound great....to me.
People describe them as comfortable and they're not bad, though nothing I've tried beats my HD590 in that respect.
If you like an accurate sound, they're well worth a try.
Their bass has great quality.
But if you prefer added LF warmth, look elsewhere....all down to personal taste.

im currently using some old Sennheiser hd 570
Just looked at a picture, Virtually identical to my 590.
If the sound is equally similar, the 560S will sound tighter and brighter, with firmer, less full bass.
(Much less of the 'Sennheiser veil' you may have heard about).
I found 560S better sounding than the legendary 600.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom