• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Headphones for a couple of occasions!

5un

Established Member
Hello,

Right i need some headphones for my laptop/pc for music and odd video and for ps3 gaming. I have a budget of about £100 can stretch if something is amazin.

I've had a mooch around online and there doesnt seem to be a set that are good for both these needs? i really cant afford buying 2 seperate sets nor do i want 2 seperate ones.

I see people talk about turtle beach/sharkoons and those gaming sets, are they any good for music and be able to be connected to pcs? Or is it better to go with some sennheisers or cresyn but how will these fair on the ps3 as i'd like to use the opti out to get full dolby.

also i dont care about noise leaks in or out and wireless would be a massive bonus.

Any ideas are welcome!

Sun

Last edited:

5un

Established Member
Bump.

I think ive narrowed my search down to:

Sennheiser HD 448 or Sennheiser HD 518. There is a 5quid quid difference with these, i cant really see the difference beside the former being "closed backed"?
Cresyn C720H Natural Acoustic Sound Headphones

But i have a query in that how would i be able to connect these headfones to my PS3, do i need an astro mixamp? what are the alternatives to this?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom