• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Headphones for 360 gaming

f8k8

Banned
I was considering getting a pair of 5.1 headphones like the Tritton AX360 or the Turtle Beach Ear Force X4s, but I've started been swayed towards a decent set of stereo heaphones. I was thinking about getting a set of Sennheiser 555 and plugging them into my Yamaha RXV-361 amp. Would I get a decent surround effect this way, or should I also consider getting the JVC 5.1 headphone adapter. Also, as the Sennheisers are open headphones, how much sound would be leaked? I'm going to use them when the other half will be watching TV/sleeping, so they can't be too loud? Or are the AX360s good enough? I've heard there is a lot of hiss with the X4s. Any help anyone?

Lofty7983

Established Member
Im using the Steel Series Siberia neckband headset & mic. The sound is amazing but im still trying to get it so i can here the chatter on-line. On the whole i like them.

Lofty7983

Established Member
There are a few theads under the hardware section that might be worth a look at to see what sets people are using and how the rate them :smashin:

daveon

Established Member
Turtle Beach X1 for me, great price and great performance.

There are wireless versions too and they have just released a 5.1 version too.

JonnyConcrete

Established Member
Look here

http://www.avforums.com/forums/xbox-360/719480-decent-headphones-xbox-360-a.html

Good thread to start with.

I personally have the Sharkoon xtatic v2s from scan, you get free delivery if your an avforums member.

The Sharkoons have 4 speakers in each can and are dolby 5.1.

I had the Sharkoon v1s until I stood up while standing on the cord and ripped the volume control thingy apart and wrecked em.

They sound fantastic so I knew I had to replace em straight away, couldn't live without my 5.1 headphones.

Edit: Heres the link to get free delivery from scan, you need to be an avforums member with at least 20 posts.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/scan_offer.php

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom