• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Headphones for £100-£200

FromTheAbsurd

Standard Member
I am looking to buy some new headphones and have been looking around for something about £100-£200. I need them to be portable headphones (so not too bulky/heavy) and comfort is also a pretty high priority.

I've looked on Amazon and generally around the internet and there seem to be a heap of headphones that look like a good option but i don't really know where to begin with deciding between them.

Is it worth going into shops to try them on in person or are there any which are known to be really good? Also are there any brands to go for/avoid like the plague?

Thanks for your help

noisemaker

Established Member
Is it worth going into shops to try them on in person or are there any which are known to be really good? Also are there any brands to go for/avoid like the plague?

Thanks for your help

Tell us about your musical tastes?

and absolutely, if you have shops where you can demo headphones its a good option. Avoid beats and bose.

FromTheAbsurd

Standard Member
My music taste is mainly indie stuff and dance, so decent bass would be quite good.

I might see if i can try those AHD's. Do you know if they have decent bass? Most of the amazon reviews seem pretty good.

logain

Established Member
In the same boat. Looking to treat myself for work - I work in an office and music helps me concentrate as well as also showing people I am busy and not to disturb :smashing:

I currently use a set of Sennheiser PX-II but looking to upgrade.

• must be over ear
  • listen to mostly OSTs with a bit of House
  • like bass

I have looked at the ADH1100, as well as Sennheiser HD 558, and Audio Technica Ath-m50 but can't decide! Obviously the latter incur a much higher price than the first two, so leaning toward one of those...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom