1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headphones at work...

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by cribeiro, Jan 20, 2004.

1. cribeiro

cribeiro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +308
    Hi!
    I have headphones at home, Sennheisser RS 45. I am really satisfied with them.

Now, I want to buy some good headphones, but now to use at work. Since I share my office, I'd like closed ones, then I won't disturbed my mates. I tell about the ones I have at home, because that can give you a hint about the quality I am looking for.

At the same time, I must say that I will be pluging them on my laptop, a Dell Inspiron, so I might go for something lower in quality (and price), since the source will be limiting the available fidelity of the sound...

Oh, and btw, I don't want them wireless, because I will be using them for hours everyday, so I can't have enough batteries... I guess. If I am wrong in this point, let me know... The battery of the Sennh. RS 45 I have at home lasts only for around 2 hours [but I have certainly used them at a fair high volume level, maybe at low one they'd last enough?], and I work daily quite longer... Moreover, it takes 14 hours to charge...
    What would you suggest?
    Thanks.

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
  3. cribeiro

cribeiro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +308
    Thanks!
    Could it be that they have a different name in Germany? I can't find them here...
    Is it possible to get them from UK?
    And, most important, are they comfortable? I mean, it will be many hours of listening, so...
    BTW, who is "we"? :)

4. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
    I don't know about a different name, sorry mate. That's the model number and I got them from online from Empire Direct. Unfortunately they appear to be UK-only for some unknown reason - bummer!

They are comfortable - we (ie. the 3 other lads and me in the IT department at our office) use them for hours without any discomfort. They are light and comfortable. We also have around 20 sets in our training department and the whingers who use the area complain about everything but the headphones! :cool:

5. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,671
    If you're after quality,in-ear type headphones,then these take some beating:
    Etymotic Research ER-6(and also the ER-4)

I have a set of these for portable use and apart from being a bit fiddly to fit,the quality is amazing for the size,and the isolation from outside noise is also very useful.

UK distributor www.stoneaudio.co.uk

6. cribeiro

cribeiro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +308
    Hey, thanks... But I think that goes far over my dedicated budget... I would never guess that little thing could be so expensive. For that price, I'd change my front speakers :) But I believe it is good. The isolation from noise is also nice, since we have 5 computers in a 3.5x5 m2 office, which have 2 processors each and need huge ventilators...
    I am extremely seduced by the other option, cheap and with proved good results. I will see how it goes if I order from UK.