Headphones again!

hi all..
I have a astro a50 headset and a Sony atmos soundbar. I get atmos through the headset but when I try to play anything through the x box dolby app it says its not configured properly. And I need to disconnect the optical that goes to my headset unit. Is this correct??

Will do cheers..

hi all. I have a sony atmos sound bar. And a pair of armos a50. I can't get the x box to output atmos whilst the headphone are attached (power and optical) do I really have to completely unhook the astros every time I wanna use atmos from the xbox?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Only £80 on Amazon and Argos !!

Careful on these - pretty sure there will now be 2 versions - the ones you've linked which are for Switch, PS4 and PC and then the new ones which have Xbox compatibility and are called Artcis 1 Wireless for Xbox. They are listed differently on the SS website. As they use a USB dongle to connect, they will need Xbox certification and I expect the first version of these did not have it. Pretty sure the £80 linked ones won't work on Xbox.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Careful on these - pretty sure there will now be 2 versions - the ones you've linked which are for Switch, PS4 and PC and then the new ones which have Xbox compatibility and are called Artcis 1 Wireless for Xbox. They are listed differently on the SS website. As they use a USB dongle to connect, they will need Xbox certification and I expect the first version of these did not have it. Pretty sure the £80 linked ones won't work on Xbox.

Took the words right out of my mouth - the Amazon link are not the new Xbox ones

Bought 2 of SteelSeries acrtis 1 as there also confirmed x series compatible. limited edition cyberpunk ones for £109 each. getting delivered tomorrow.

Hey all
Been using the Turtle beach stealth 600 for a while now and they’re great as true wireless. Have an itch to upgrade and pass these on to the GF so she can use for warzone

Anyone got any recommendations on upgrades that are true wireless? Either similar price bracket or up to £200. Looked at arctis 9x steelseries which look great but am
Concerned with dropouts that I’m reading. I’ve never once had drop outs with these headphones

@WhiteHartMart do you turn the Dolby off on the Astro A50 headset and let the console do the processing?

Yes I do. Don't like the Astro Dolby so just turn if off and use Sonic/Atmos on the console instead.

Hey all
Been using the Turtle beach stealth 600 for a while now and they’re great as true wireless. Have an itch to upgrade and pass these on to the GF so she can use for warzone

Anyone got any recommendations on upgrades that are true wireless? Either similar price bracket or up to £200. Looked at arctis 9x steelseries which look great but am
Concerned with dropouts that I’m reading. I’ve never once had drop outs with these headphones

I had 2 or 3 drop outs when i first got my 9X's, since then they've been rock solid !!
Loved em so much I even got my son a set, super comfy, fantastic sound and quality build.

I had 2 or 3 drop outs when i first got my 9X's, since then they've been rock solid !!
Loved em so much I even got my son a set, super comfy, fantastic sound and quality build.
Thanks

Took a chance and ordered direct this Morning as stock empty everywhere !

Also 10% off codes floating about online so got for £162

Anyone know the best place to buy the Arctis 9X's at the moment? Really need to pull the trigger buying these.

There was a set for sale on the forums here last night, not sure if still around

Or Amazon with the option of 5 monthly payments ?

Amazon product ASIN B07QGFF6N7

Or Amazon with the option of 5 monthly payments ?

Amazon product ASIN B07QGFF6N7

A few sets in Amazon Warehouse too which seem to be a bargain - I use them a lot.

just remember artic 9x no longer work with iso 13 and i have been told there working on a firmware fix but that was three months ago and still waiting, and not to happy about it as it was a great feature when gaming and yo u had a phone call.

I got direct from steelseries and googled for a 10% code off so not bad

just remember artic 9x no longer work with iso 13 and i have been told there working on a firmware fix but that was three months ago and still waiting, and not to happy about it as it was a great feature when gaming and yo u had a phone call.

Sounds fine to me.........how dare someone phone whilst gaming !! ;) ;) :thumbsup:

have a set of Astro Gen 4 great headset very easy to use and setup will try the eq settings that @WhiteHartMart said about. which eq is best?

regarding battery on gen 4 does anyone know if its easy to replace down the line?

also got a set of arctis pro wireless and whilst i like the removable batteries and little box of tricks i just find the steel series headset uncomfy and the sound a little harsh.

which headset will be more compatible with the new generation of consoles i do hear Astro are already working on a Gen 4 update etc incase of no optical out.

which eq is best?

Trial and error really until you find what you like. I use the Modern Warfare preset along with Dystrilation and Arcturus - the latter two being more all round presets. :)

Trial and error really until you find what you like. I use the Modern Warfare preset along with Dystrilation and Arcturus - the latter two being more all round presets. :)

These presets sound good loaded a few up to try 😀😀👍

Also regarding base stations do you think a new one will be out for next gen or do you think pick up a xbox variant so all needs covered?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom