Headphones again!

Mic monitoring has always been an issue with Astro headsets, you have to shout into them for it to work.

The only problems I had with the 500x was they kept loosing connection with the base but that could be wireless channel interference.
The other problem was when playing the division the surround sound was the wrong way round, ie if someone was running in front of me I would hear their footsteps behind me and vise versa,
Now someone told me this was a game problem and not the headphones but as soon as I used the A50's the surround sound was perfect, everything sounding where it should be.
Iv got a while yet to make a decision but unless there is a fix for the MM then I think the A50's will be going back.

Quick review. Haven't tried the mic yet in party chat. Set up was very easy. Updated firmware. Only played black ops 3. Sound is excellent positioning when playing search and destroy using pro mode is spot on. You don't have to have the sound up loud to be able to pinpoint people. They are very comfy more so than my gen 2 a50s. I'll post more after a few hours gaming tonight.
Update. Played for a few hours mates say mic is loud and clear in party chat.

Last edited:
having read the reports here think I will stick with my gen 2 Astro A50's, infact im using my newly purchased Logitech G933 more than my A50's these days. I have been pleasantly surprised by the G933 and they can be used on PC/XB1/PS4 infact pretty much anything. I think I will put my cash towards an Oculus Rift for my PC.

Boxed my a50's up ready for return, shame about that mic monitoring as the sound was very good.

Got my A50's today. Not too fussed about mic monitoring so hoping I will be happy with them. Ordered from Amazon so any of the issues people on the astro forums are having it should be an easy return.

Hi guys and gals!!
I'm looking to invest in a pair of headphones. What can anyone suggest?
I'm not fussed about it being wired or wireless but would like it to over the ear, not too loud to other people in the room. good for voice chat too. Also will need it to work with both the XO and PS4.

Thanks in advance

Hi guys and gals!!
I'm looking to invest in a pair of headphones. What can anyone suggest?
I'm not fussed about it being wired or wireless but would like it to over the ear, not too loud to other people in the room. good for voice chat too. Also will need it to work with both the XO and PS4.

Thanks in advance
Hyper x clouds. Not cloud II's you won't be disappointed

Right just pulled the trigger on gen 3 a50s from amazon to replace my gen 2, not fussed about mic monitoring so what's the deal update and set as pro? How easy is it to do? Thanks and I'm hoping battery life is as good as they say as that's a big plus for me [emoji106][emoji106]

I have mine set to Pro and mic set to streaming and warm. Wireless range doesn't seem to be as good as my gen 1's but nothing that will cause me issues when playing. Was on for about 4 or 5 hours the other night and battery hardly went down so looks like the reported battery life should be spot on.

Right just pulled the trigger on gen 3 a50s from amazon to replace my gen 2, not fussed about mic monitoring so what's the deal update and set as pro? How easy is it to do? Thanks and I'm hoping battery life is as good as they say as that's a big plus for me [emoji106][emoji106]

I'd say so. Mine were awful prior to updating.

Quick question about A50's.

Just made the switch back to Xbox from PS4. Does the headset still need to be attached to the controller for the mic to work? If so I'm guessing I need a 2.5mm to 3.5mm lead rather than a chat adaptor as the One S controller has a 3.5mm jack.

TIA

Quick question about A50's.

Just made the switch back to Xbox from PS4. Does the headset still need to be attached to the controller for the mic to work? If so I'm guessing I need a 2.5mm to 3.5mm lead rather than a chat adaptor as the One S controller has a 3.5mm jack.

TIA

For the new a50s you don't need a chat cable they are completely wireless on the Xbox one version

Then yes you will need a chat cable mate [emoji106]
Thats what I thought. Off to ebay then.

Last quick question, is it only the Gen 3's that are completely wireless or Gen 2's also?

Thats what I thought. Off to ebay then.

Last quick question, is it only the Gen 3's that are completely wireless or Gen 2's also?

Just the gen 3's mate plenty of cables on the bay [emoji106]

Just had a quick go on gen 3's updated and set in pro mode, it sounds completely different to my gen 2 which setting on actual headset are people using 1,2,or 3? Left them on charge now [emoji106]

Just had a quick go on gen 3's updated and set in pro mode, it sounds completely different to my gen 2 which setting on actual headset are people using 1,2,or 3? Left them on charge now [emoji106]

Different in a good or bad way?

An update on my gen3's wasn't happy with the presets even the pro one as I mainly play fps games, and found them too bass heavy so a bit of research on the AstroGaming forums and have found that someone has uploaded a zip file with three eq files for shooters it now sounds great really happy with them now [emoji106][emoji106]

An update on my gen3's wasn't happy with the presets even the pro one as I mainly play fps games, and found them too bass heavy so a bit of research on the AstroGaming forums and have found that someone has uploaded a zip file with three eq files for shooters it now sounds great really happy with them now [emoji106][emoji106]
You got a link to them please mate.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom