Headphones again!

What settings do you have on your SS Mikey ?
ImageUploadedByAVForums1395698997.873024.jpg

So the XP400 works on the xbone? Do you need any adapters, was thinking about getting a xbone but was put off by the lack of good headphones at launch.

But titanfall is out now.

So the XP400 works on the xbone? Do you need any adapters, was thinking about getting a xbone but was put off by the lack of good headphones at launch.

But titanfall is out now.
It should work yes with the chat adaptor , nearly all headsets worked at launch , it was just the mics that wouldn't so unless you had a modded adaptor you were stuck using the poor kinect for voice

It should work yes with the chat adaptor , nearly all headsets worked at launch , it was just the mics that wouldn't so unless you had a modded adaptor you were stuck using the poor kinect for voice

So I need a chat adapter then?

You need a chat adaptor for EVERY headset if you want the microphone to work.
Some of the new turtle beach headsets already have it in the box (titanfall headset ,X04 X07)

Must admit, really tempted by the SS. Shame they are wired into the controller. I know everything on xbox one is - but feels like a step back after having a 100% wireless headset on 360

Must admit, really tempted by the SS. Shame they are wired into the controller. I know everything on xbox one is - but feels like a step back after having a 100% wireless headset on 360

the SS only have to be wired to the controller for chat! Every headphone on the market has to be wired to the control pad for chat.

Other than that the SS are wire and crackle free.

the SS only have to be wired to the controller for chat! Every headphone on the market has to be wired to the control pad for chat.

Other than that the SS are wire and crackle free.

Yep, that is the case for now. But I'm hoping someone will come out with a fully wireless set in the near future... I sometimes game with little one sitting on my lap and that wire is just asking to get yanked :p

Last edited:
I've just learned how to create/name/save profiles !!!

ha ha! My turn to educate you this time on the SS then?!

That setting I have is superb for Forza and BF4. I think I need to make another profile for FIFA though, its not quite right for FIFA.

ha ha! My turn to educate you this time on the SS then?!

That setting I have is superb for Forza and BF4. I think I need to make another profile for FIFA though, its not quite right for FIFA.

I quite like the performance setting on the SS for Titanfall and PvZ. It could possibly do with more bass but then for FPS like BF4 lots of bass generally isn't great for detecting footsteps and directional stuff.

I like deep bass, but if you want a decent sound setup its not really all about masses of bass, its all about clarity.

I like deep bass, but if you want a decent sound setup its not really all about masses of bass, its all about clarity.
Totally agree with this. I feel a Steelseries Wireless H Recommended Profile Settings thread could be in order (maybe even a sticky if there's enough interest)?

great idea.
Cheers mate! Just to add I've owned the SS before and loved them but had to return them due to a charging issue. Tbh, I thought the default settings were good enough but I know I could've got a lot more out of them with a little tweaking. I'll deffo be buying them again that's for sure!

Maybe a universal sticky for both XB1 and PS4 given they're a popular set of cans on both consoles, again if interest is high, as I can't see why the same profile wouldn't work on each console when playing the same game?

I've bought the steelseries 9h (wired) today to try out on my mixamp ....... Omg !!
I love the Astros and qpad , these are stunning , also the most comfortable headset I've ever worn ( and I've got the wireless h ) . The ear pads are a lot softer , the sound is also very very crisp and immersive .
Haven't tried out the mic yet though .

I've bought the steelseries 9h (wired) today to try out on my mixamp ....... Omg !!
I love the Astros and qpad , these are stunning , also the most comfortable headset I've ever worn ( and I've got the wireless h ) . The ear pads are a lot softer , the sound is also very very crisp and immersive .
Haven't tried out the mic yet though .

Tell me more......

the older wireless TB will suffer from dropouts etc.. the newer (from black ops 2 range onwards) dont suffer this problem

the older wireless TB will suffer from dropouts etc.. the newer (from black ops 2 range onwards) dont suffer this problem
I've had x41 , px5 and Xp500's , all suffered from dropouts on xbox 360 , never tried them on xbox one .

I've had x41 , px5 and Xp500's , all suffered from dropouts on xbox 360 , never tried them on xbox one .

and they are the older style wireless headsets, my black ops 2 tangos never dropped out on my 360 (upgraded from mw3 deltas which did drop out) and they havent on my x1 either, tho my deltas were originally on my x1 and they still suffered drop outs, its a headset wireless thing to do with the transmitting frequency that causes it, like i stated before the black ops range had the drop outs fixed and so should the newer wireless headsets they make

There either 2.4 or 5 ghz nothing has changed there no matter how "newer" the headsets are . It's different for everyone , my px5's were the worst offenders out of the lot .
I think it's all in the brand and how good the internal hardware really is .
My steelseries have never skipped a beat but is it fair to compare with the TB headsets as there more than twice the price .
I have a brand new sealed pair of X07's that I'm going to sell in the classifieds if anyone's interested .

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom