1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headphones (again) (sorry)

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by meddyliol, Jul 24, 2005.

1. meddyliol

meddyliol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    What exactly are 'canal' style headphones? I would like Senheissers, do they do 'canal' and 'earplug' type. Is it possible to get used to earplug type 'phones? What is wrong with the old fashioned 'cans?

Cheers

Brian

PS Sorry for yet another headphone question :devil:

2. KeanosMagicHat

KeanosMagicHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +554
    There is a whole forum dedicated to headphones here where I am sure you will get a more valuable answer to your question .....

http://www.avforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128

3. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,239
  4. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    although you probably wont, they aint to quick there.

canal ones fit into the ear canal not just the ear. i have tried them (sony ex-71) and found em really really uncomfortable, though some peoiple swear by them. they kill pretty much all outside noise which is cool as long as you arent doing anything at the time.

i recently got some sennheiser mx500's and they aint bad, although i dont think they are much better than the stock sony ones tbh, then again i like the sound of the stock ones anyway. if your looking for new 'phones they are still probably your best bet though.