Which headset

• Turtle Beach Stealth 600

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

moorevfr

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am thinking about purchasing some new headphone for my xbox one x and I am stuck between two that I like after some research.

These will be used on my xbox one X.

1) HyperX Cloud Alpha - Currently £60 from Curry's/PC World - Wired Headset
OR
2) Turtle Beach Stealth 600 - £75 at Argos/Amazon - Wireless Headset

From what I've looked into I imagine the HyperX Cloud Alpha's to be the better for the whole sound quality and possibly comfort also but worried the the Amp inside the xbox controller wont be enough to power them accordingly.. Seems to be the issue with playstation DS4 controller but haven't seen any mentions that being the same for xbox controller yet.

But the Turtle Beach Stealth 600 have my interest purely for the wireless aspect. They started off with bad reviews due to some firmware issues that have since been ironed out by the looks and also have had a price reduction from £100 to £75 imagine due to the negative start off.

Sense says go for the Alpha's but then I think convince says go for the wireless.. It somehow got me torn 50/50 between them!

My current headsets are Turtle Beach PX5 which are wireless and I've had them for 5yrs I think now and they have done the trick! I think that's whats keep me pulled towards having a wireless option..
And the Stealth 600 don't require any wire to the controller for chatting in parties that I like to.

I know there are lots of options of headphone out there and the more you pay the better you get with all in life but these meet my budget at the moment and wouldn't have if they didn't very recently both have a price drop and made them in reach :)

I have the Turtle Beach 700's and I also tried the 600's. from using them for a couple of weeks I found both of them where great headsets. The latest update from turtle beach seems to of sorted any issues that where reported before. I have not used many headsets before but I find the sound quality to be really good, they are both comfortable to wear, but do prefer the 700's. What sold it mainly for me is just the ease of use between the xbox, switch on and away you go

I have since returned the 600's as I wanted Bluetooth built in which the 700's have. This also lets you control the Sound settings via your phone which I liked.

I have the Turtle Beach 700's and I also tried the 600's. from using them for a couple of weeks I found both of them where great headsets. The latest update from turtle beach seems to of sorted any issues that where reported before. I have not used many headsets before but I find the sound quality to be really good, they are both comfortable to wear, but do prefer the 700's. What sold it mainly for me is just the ease of use between the xbox, switch on and away you go

I have since returned the 600's as I wanted Bluetooth built in which the 700's have. This also lets you control the Sound settings via your phone which I liked.

I was looking at the 700 also because they too have been dropped down from £120 to £100 but I’m not sure if I need the Bluetooth as I stream audio to the Xbox using Airserver app or Spotify but they do look more premium and I like the idea of the control with a mobile.

I’ve just reserved some 600’s and found out the Alpha’s have sold out which might sway me more now.

I was looking at the 700 also because they too have been dropped down from £120 to £100 but I’m not sure if I need the Bluetooth as I stream audio to the Xbox using Airserver app or Spotify but they do look more premium and I like the idea of the control with a mobile.

I’ve just reserved some 600’s and found out the Alpha’s have sold out which might sway me more now.

Cool.. I use the Bluetooth function to connect to my Nvidia shield or my TV when it works to watch films etc found it very handy but if you don't need that the 600's where just as good

Cool.. I use the Bluetooth function to connect to my Nvidia shield or my TV when it works to watch films etc found it very handy but if you don't need that the 600's where just as good

Didn't think to use the BT for other devices completely passed me on that.. Hmm making me want to stretch my already tight budget at this time of year!

I've went and purchased the Stealth 700 last night thanks to you. Have them BT connection to my TV for non Xbox viewing and they are great with my X and Assassins Creed Origins and Dolby Atmos!

I've went and purchased the Stealth 700 last night thanks to you. Have them BT connection to my TV for non Xbox viewing and they are great with my X and Assassins Creed Origins and Dolby Atmos!

Great to hear. enjoy.. May I ask how have you found them with the Bluetooth connection of your TV? that's the only issue I have at the moment, mine disconnects etc.. I have an LG OLED.

i grabbed a pair of the HyperX Cloud Alphas, for XB1. Do seem to feel and sound good too

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom