Headphones advice (£30 budget)

bigmaz

Ok guys, I know, tiny budget, i WISH I could go more but no such luck....

ok, I would like a set of headphones to listen to my music at night LOUD, mostly Prodigy, Metallica, Therapy? etc. Whats my best option for this? I will be plugging it straight into my home cinema amp.

Thanks a lot in advance :)

wilkinss77

Standard Member
if you're not gonna move about much while listening, then skullcandy lowriders give an ace sound for the music you listen to- but they are a loose fit (hence being more for listening sitting down), & they're quite fragile if you're rough with them. but soundwise, they're very good- you get that sense of the music coming from outside the 'phones that you get with top-end 'phones (drum rolls & guitar solos sound like they're playing above your head). they fold up, too.

wilkinss77

Standard Member
They can handle decent volume before getting distorted then? :)
not sure, as i never turn them up too loud- but i have them fairly loud with no distortion.

Also, is the bass good?
you'd have to turn the bass up on your system, as they aren't bass-heavy phones. if you want bass-heavy 'phones, sennheiser hd 201 or 202 are best, but i find they drown out the treble (guitars, synths, pianos, etc).

Bigmac77

RHA MA350 from Amazon are awesome and come in 5p under budget! I've had a pair for two years listen to them for about five hours per week and they are still in great condition. Excellent bass too.

Sanjbmw2001

I'll second the soundmagic e10. Great in-ear headphones. I have the Sennheiser Cx400 and the E10 are much better. Great separation of instruments and decent bass. about £40.00 when I last saw them.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom