1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headphone tv problem

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by max25, Jan 31, 2005.

1. max25

max25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone tell me if this is okay,when i connect my headphones to my tv the volume level is not very loud, turning the volume up has no effect on this,it is loud enough to listen to, but it would help if the volume could be increased in anyway the headphones are fine with hi-fi etc,this just happens with the tv.

2. StevieDvd

StevieDvd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +151
    My tv has a volume setting for headphones which is seperate from the main speaker volume. Check that out it may be left at a default level of quiet, which would be sensible.

If that's not the case and the socket is not faulty you may have headphones which are hard to drive and which may need a headphone amp. For tv a cheaper one would suffice or some different headphones.

Check the settings first and report back.

3. max25

max25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes it has a separate volume setting on the tv for headphones, problem solved.thanks for your help Stevie

4. StevieDvd

StevieDvd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +151
    Glad to be of service, and it cost nothing to fix.