Headphone socket output to aux in help

Rogcovy

Novice Member
Hi All , and thank you for letting me join.

I have a old Hitachi sdt400 music centre , the speakers are old damaged and large , but i have a modern sony HT-RT4 surround sound system in the living room. What i want to do is connect music centre to the surround sound system, but the only way i can do this is to use the headphone socket on the music center as a output to the aux in 3.5mm socket in the surround sound system, the lead i have seen has a 6.5mm headphone plug one end and a 3.5mm plug on the other, would this work or would it cause any damage to the systems? there are no other output plugs that work on the music centre.

Many thanks for any help Rog

gibbsy

Welcome to the Forum.

My world that Hitachi is old. I had one way back in the late 1970s, probably the model before that one. You can use the headphone jack to the line-in on the Sony. You will need one of these.

Amazon product
To be honest the old Hitachi is likely to sound better than the Sony and perhaps you should look at a cheap pair of used speakers for the Hitachi.

Rogcovy

Novice Member
Welcome to the Forum.

My world that Hitachi is old. I had one way back in the late 1970s, probably the model before that one. You can use the headphone jack to the line-in on the Sony. You will need one of these.

Amazon product
To be honest the old Hitachi is likely to sound better than the Sony and perhaps you should look at a cheap pair of used speakers for the Hitachi.
i love the music centre to be fair it looks great . thank you for reply

Attachments

• 20210425_144705.jpg
    20210425_144705.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 17

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs of 2021, plus our favourite & memorable reviews of the year
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom