Headphone recommendations?

Discussion in 'Playstation VR' started by Stinja, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Stinja

Stinja
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,197
    Has the AVF hive-mind got any recommendations for headphones please?

My Gold 2.0s have broken on both sides now, so probably time for a new set of headphones... I'd like something that is comfy when used with the PSVR (as some I've tried don't mesh well with the headband), and also wireless when used with normal games.
    I'm not an audiophile (got tinnitus), 3D Audio / binaural preferred for future proofing, also game/voice adjustment is nice.
    Not fussed about kiddie-appealing lights and pimped-pro-gamer looks :rolleyes:
    Budget whatever, say £300-ish, obviously don't have to spend max if not needed.

Shortlist at the mo:
    - Sony Platinum
    - Plantronics Rig 800HS
    - SteelSeries Siberia 840

2. GlennTidbury

GlennTidbury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    I've got the rig vr, fits great over the headset and is really comfy.

I was previously using a set of cheap sony "on ear" headphones which worked pretty good too.

Really, just use whatever you're comfortable wearing that will fit nicely over the headset.

One thing that has also helped, whatever headphones you do get, try taping the cable to the vr cable, with enough slack that you can move your head in all directions without it pulling, but taping the rest helps keep it out of the way and therefore not break immersion.