Headphone recommendations

Up Tempo

Standard Member
Reaction score
Recommendations please.

Looking for the best headphones for <£200.
Main use for movies and secondly for listening to music. Need to be comfy with good quality sound albeit within this price range it obviously will not be reference.
Wireless or wired???
Wireless would be ideal as its one less cable to be concerned with and my seating location is some 5m away from my AV set-up.
:smashin:

Three most comfortable headphones I've owned

1) Roland RH50
2) Ultrasone HFI 15-G
3) Denon AH D1001 (now D1100)

My faourtie headphones at " are the Sennheiser HD25-1 headphones, hands down! But i'm unsure about comfort past a hour or so.

Personally I would look at the Denon headphones for both comfort and performance, whatever you feel your budget can handle.

As for Wireless headphones, I would stick with Sennheiser, but I'm not very well versed in wireless headphohnes. But I've never had an issue with Sennehiser wireless.

I would also recommend the Alessandro MS1i headphones (Alessandro = modded Grado headphones). The $109.99 includes international shipping

Alessandro High-End Products

1) Because of the exchange rate they really are the bargain of the century

2) The performance comes somewhere between the SR80 and SR125 (which I've owned) and for less than a used pair of SR60i headphones

3) I found them very comfortable

The only downside is that they are handmade and so sometimes there can be a backlog of orders.

Just a few suggestions of the top of my head.

If you want wireless them the Sony mdr 1rbt are outstanding Bluetooth cans and amazing for watching movies and also for music.

They are also comfy.

They are a bit more than your budget though can be had cheaper on here or on the bay.

I used them for movies and was able to continue listening to the movie when going to the bog which was downstairs so the coverage is excellent via Bluetooth.

If you're willing to spend up to £200 then I'd look at the Sennheiser wireless headphones RS170 and RS180.

Both great for music and films. The RS180 are open backed, so if sound leakage isn't an issue then I'd go for them.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom