1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headphone Recommendations

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Desmo, Jan 29, 2001.

1. Desmo

Desmo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,769
    I'm after a pair of headphones for use on the computer. (I make too much noise playing Counterstrike online) [​IMG]

Has anyone got any recommendations or is there anything I should look out for in particular?
    I'm looking to spend anything upto £100.

2. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    Sounds to me like you're going overboard spending up to £100 on a set of headphones to use with a computer. Would a pair of £20 ones from Currys or similar not do a good enough job for you?

3. Desmo

Desmo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,769
    Mmmmmm, maybe.

Overboard is my middle name. But quality is what I'm after. And I don't mind paying for it.

4. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    In that case would you not considering saving yourself some money, and buy the Beyer DT231 at £40. These were the Best Buy headphones in the What HiFi 2000 Awards. Surely they would be good enough.

5. MORPH

MORPH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sok
    were to find said headphones

6. cyberdudelion

cyberdudelion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.hifibitz.co.uk/acatalog/HiFiBitZ_Catalogue_Beyerdynamic_129.html

If you are willing to spend more, consider the Sennheiser 580, 590 and 600. The first two can be found for £100 and the 600 for £150. I know Ask Electronics on Tottenham Court Road (if you are in London) do the 600s for 150. The 590 replaces the 580 and is much lighter. Single cord to the headphone. The 580 and 600 have separate cords for the left and right earpieces. The 580 were £70 last month at Richer Sounds. Snapped up a pair! I also own the 600 which I can strongly recommend. Suggest you have a demo before buying the Sennheisers.

[This message has been edited by cyberdudelion (edited 31-01-2001).]

7. dmckillop

dmckillop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the Beyer DT231 Galactic headphones from AudioT for about £45. I use them mainly when playing games and they're excellent!

They're comfortable as well, they have really soft velvet ear pads. You can wear these things for hours.