1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headphone for professional use

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by sureshGB, May 13, 2005.

1. sureshGB

sureshGB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I'm looking for a headphone for studio use. I am a singer and i would like to use it for my recordings as feedback phones when i sing (i hope you got me )

please recoment me a phone.. my budget is £30-50.. i wont mind paying a bit more if its worth for money

Thanks in Advance
    Suresh

2. sureshGB

sureshGB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just to add to it

I found a headphone "Sennheiser Hd 280 pro" in internet.. is it worth going for it ?

Thanks
    Suresh

3. davehk

davehk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I've just bought a set of Beyer DT250's - about £75.00. Very good. Beyer tend to be an industry standard wahen it comes to studio phones. Full range of spares available, etc.

http://www.studiospares.com/product...=dt250&SearchProductGroup=&cid=&gid=&hidden1=

4. Neil Porter

Neil Porter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    If you've had problems with feedback then you need to make sure you get Closed Back headphones as these are best at stopping noise leakage.

Unfortunately I have no idea which closed back headphones are any good as I've always preferred the sound of open back.

Good luck.

5. davehk

davehk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Beyer DT100, DT150, DT250 etc are closed back - no real application for open back in a recording or any other kind (TV, Radio) of studio, control room, theatre, etc, which is where you will find these more than almost any other range.

6. sureshGB

sureshGB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all your views.

Can anyone comment on Sennheiser Hd 280 pro please ?

Regards
    --Binoy

7. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,113
    Get the DT250s I use them at work . They do a 200ohm version and a 80 ohm version . You might be better off with the 80ohm. I've not found a set of closed phones with a better frequency response and the isolation is excellent.

They will normally supply you with a set of monitor phones in a pro studio though.