Headphone Fix

SBanga

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I didn't get any feedback on the headphone forum so thought I'd try here. Kind of a general question :D

I've got an old pair of IE8s and thought the cable was faulty so ordered a new one. However, it's actually a fault with the headphone connection in the right headphone. Basically, a tiny strip of metal has sheared, leaving the connection point ever so slightly large for the pin. I was thinking to just put a tiny amount of foil around the pin to make it fit better.

My question is, does ordinary food wrap foil conduct electricity and would this solution work effectively?

I can add pics in an hour if it helps.

Last edited:
Yes, kitchen foil does conduct. I have often used it between battery contacts in things like TV remotes.
But its not the sort of 'fix' I would use in headphones. I recently repaired a pair of mine with a soldering iron. No extra solder was needed, just 10 seconds of heat did the trick.

Thank you.

Can't use a soldering iron as it isn't a permanent cable, but a detachable one. I'll try the foil and see how I get on. Cheers.

EDIT: It really was a tiny hole and I had to use the smallest amount of foil but it's worked :)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom