1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headphone Amplifer

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Dunedin397, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Dunedin397

Dunedin397

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Everyone,

I had a problem with my TV where the headphone socket broke. It's being replaced but it's made me thing of an alternative way of connecting headphones so that I'm not always inserting then removing the headphones from the socket.

What I'd like to do is connect some sort of box to the TV via the TV's stereo out sockets. I'd actually like an amplifier that has 2 headphone sockets

Could anyone recommend an inexpensive headphone amplifier or could I use a stereo amplifier or even an AV amplifier that has a headphone socket?

Cheers,

Dunedin

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    The Creek is relatively inexpensive,and of reasonable quality,and a look round eaby etc may show up a few used X-Cans which are also pretty good value for money.
    Most of the other headphone amps,like the Slee,Earmax etc are a big jump in price terms,but also quality.

Have a look at www.creekaudio.com

Connecting the TV's stereo out to your AV amp/receiver is also a viable alternative,and cheaper still.

3. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pro-ject headphone amp has two outputs and is £150 this is good value for money but is this too much??

4. CeeGee

CeeGee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    The link shows you as the SELLER and not the buyer of this item...there are 2 others listed in your selling list,also identical headphone amps.

Do NOT use this forum as a sales area for your goods....you have not made it clear you are in fact the seller.

6. ferrari993000

ferrari993000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello,

my mistake, i should have stated that i am the seller of this item, it was not intended to be advertising, i was also thinking of another on ebay, one not at all from me

this one is great...

7. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Let's leave this,as I notice someone with a very similar name to yours(Corey) is also the high bidder on your own sale item on the aforementioned site.

Also a little difficult to believe that this is a mistake in your post,since you clearly state that you have "just got a headphone amplifier",and this was clearly written in both of your posts.

8. doctorjuggles

doctorjuggles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I can personally vouch for Norm's Headsave amps. I have a Headsave Classic paired with a Mascot PSU. This combination is driving a set of Beyerdynamic DT770-250s, which are notoriously difficult to drive. My headsave classic drives them comfortably.

In terms of service, Norm couldn't have been more helpful. The only issue is the fact that they seem pretty busy now, because they deliver a great product for a very reasonable price, so at the time I bought my amp, there was a 4 week wait (I have no idea what the lead time is now.)

Let me know if you have more questions on this, assuming you're still looking (I'm jumping in a little late on this thread)

9. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Always interesting to find another amp to add to the ones already known/used here.....also a few good reviews on HeadFi.