Headphone Amp Pc setup question.

ionicoverdose

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Seth and i am new here. At the moment i have the sennheiser HD558 with a vmoda mic hooked up to my asus x99 deluxe II motherboard and it works pretty good. The crystal 3 amp and built in dac does a pretty good job and it's paired with the razer surround pro program which is the best 3D program i have used. Now i just ordered the massdrop Sennheiser
HD 58X Jubilee Headphones which are at 150ohm, thats 100 more ohms than my hd558's. I haven't got the headphones yet so i don't now how well my on board sound will push these. SO in case i need to buy an amp, i was looking at the schiit magni 3 for a good beginners amp. SO can i use this amp for my headphones but use the onboard dac instead of buying a seperate dac? I will also get a modmic so i can plug that into my onboard mic input on my motherboard. So i will need 2 RCA cables to run from the amp to my onboard left and right speaker of my motherboard and not some type of y splitter to the onboard headphone jack?

You will need a 3.5 mm male to 2 x rca female to connect the amp. As far as I can see it does have rca out. Plug into your headphone socket on the motherboard.

My motherboard has a line in and a line out. So i would plug my headphones in the the front input of the magni 3 then run the y splitter rca to line out in back of the magni 3, then 3.5mm to the line in?

Motherboard line out > rca split > magni > headphones

Mic will go to mic in on motherboard

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom