Headaches caused by Wi Fi?

grey fox

Established Member
Reaction score
Some schools are removing wi-fi networks after complaints from parents that their children suffer headaches.

Headaches caused by Wi Fi? - Full Story

I'm not too sure about this myself. If you think about it you surely can't ever be that far away from a wi fi source if you work and live in a city, so I wonder if there will ever be a situation where a person tries to sue his or her neighbours because their wireless router gave them a migraine.

:rotfl:

What a load of *****.

It is a radio wave. Do TV and radio signals affect our brains?

Read Times here

So there you go :) It's merely a case of anxious parents not being properly informed :)

What a load of *****.

I've heard that over-exposure to the signals carrying the ITV channel can turn your brain into mush:D

What a load of *****.

As the article says, it is a combination of the power and frequency.

WiFi is a lot closer to Mobile phone frequencies that it is to TV and Radio signals.

Basic rule of thumb, the higher the frequency the further it can penetrate into something.

Hence we need a tv aerial on the outside of our houses for the TV's to work, but not so for mobile phones.

The flip side is the power from a little domestic WiFi hub is so low it could be viewed as insignificant. But commercial systems could well be different.

Higher frequency waves carry more energy, so they can do more damage, such as heating biological tissue, when that energy is transferred to something, such as our brain.

Longer wavelengths have less chance of difraction, and are used over long distances, such as television transmission.

What exactly do you mean by the power?

I've heard that over-exposure to the signals carrying the ITV channel can turn your brain into mush:D

It's not that...it can affect your vision. Some people have reported seeing ghostly images of footballers moving around before their eyes, fuzzy vision and some have even claimed their field of view has been narrowed by two black bars appearing on each side of their head...a bit like blinkers.

It's not that...it can affect your vision. Some people have reported seeing ghostly images of footballers moving around before their eyes, fuzzy vision and some have even claimed their field of view has been narrowed by two black bars appearing on each side of their head...a bit like blinkers.

LOL, a bit like LCD's then:D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom