1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Head Unit & Sat Nav. Problem

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by Cabo 5150, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Cabo 5150

Cabo 5150

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Just picked up my new company car, Renault Laguna Dynamique. I wanted to fit a new head unit (Dension MP3) and amplifier etc. The Sat Nav system is built into the standard CD player the vehicle comes with, and although there is a convenient space below for the new head unit I've been told by two local dealers I would have to sacrifice the Sat Nav in order to hear the Dension. Does anyone know if there is a way around this? Is there any way to have the two working in tandem? Many thanks in advance.

2. Oakmere

Oakmere

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    You will probably need an extra "Box" which probably costs an arm and a leg. Its the same kind of problems when the in built stereo connects to the cars display panel. Half of which becomes useless without the radio.

Just be thankful you don't own a Saab like a friend of mine where the stereo is also the ECU (or part of it) and the car won't function correctly without it.