1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

he already appears 9381zwHD/DR+ in the Web of loewe

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by malaga, Nov 22, 2003.

1. malaga

malaga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    finally!

he already appears 9381zwHD/DR+ in the Web of loewe

so far only in German :cry:

www.loewe.de

apparently it is EXACTLY the SAME TELEVISION but...

why they call to the tube realflatHD?

the chassis happens to be 2550 by the recording system?

2. valmiki

valmiki
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    what the fudge is this all about?

3. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I assume it's about the new Loewe Aconda 9381's that have built in hard disc recorder and a rumoured hi-def compatibile screen.

Unfortauntely it seems English isn't Malaga's first language, and as Loewe don't seem interested in updating the English langauge pages on their website at the same time as the German pages, it's hard to tell.

4. MonkeySting

MonkeySting

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    That's right. I noticed that the Loewe website does now carry information about the Aconda 9381 HD/DR+ and the Articos 32 HD/DR+, the two units that have been recently launched with Digital RecorderPlus, the revised chassis (2550) and the (we assume) revised HD tube.

However, using the English parts of the website, you can only see the technical details of these units if you use the comparison function. And there, it lists 'On Screen Display (OSD) in languages' as being only: 'GR | TR | HU | Fin | GUS | SLO'. No GB.

I'm waiting for the Aconda to drop into this country, but as yet, no word on when this is likely to be.

5. MonkeySting

MonkeySting

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Just wanted to update this in case anyone else was interested... Loewe UK are quoting 'early 2004' for arrival in the UK.

6. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    But do these sets have a hi-def compatible input, or is it "just" built-in HD recorder? I'm wanting to know what the spec will actually be before I decide whether to wait and see one or get a new TV before Xmas...

7. MonkeySting

MonkeySting

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
  8. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    But no-where does it explicitly say that the CRT sets are hi-def (i.e. 720p or 1080i) capable - It does mention high definition, but doesn't clairfy whether they mean it's compatible with existing standards, or if it just appears to be higher definition than standard PAL.

It sounds more like they're talking about an equivalent technology to Pixel Plus or Acuity which apply processing to the image to make it appear that it has more detail than contained in the source signal... And if you do a specs comparison between the standard 9381ZW and the 9381HD/DR+, apart from the different tube, a black enhancer mode and slightly newer chassis, they appear to be largely identical - especially on the TV standards accepted (although there's a load of stuff for the new set under the Accessories section that's in German so I can't read it...)

Would it be so hard for Loewe to just say "Supported Foramts NTSC, PAL, SECAM, HDTV"? Would clear up the confusion...