HDX-1000...finishing touches

cybergools

Established Member
Reaction score
Now i've taken the plunge and purchased the above from ibood i want to add HDD... is the following ok??

Seagate 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB Cache - Retail Box Including Cables & Screws - Ebuyer

also i want the unit to be wifi compatable with My bellkin vision N1 router/modem. Is the following item suitable...its from a european site
but you get the impression it would work..

BuyHDX 1000_at Digimania. Purchase MP3 players, MP3 systems, MP3 accessories in Belgium, Brussels.

this TP-Link TL-WN821N Wireless N USB Adapter
can also be had from here at amazon
TP Link WN821N Draft N Wireless USB Adaptor: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

so overall if want to add a hard drive and make it wifi compatable am i doing the right thing??

your thoughts please

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Thanks i was gonna make this thread as I bought a hdx from ibood to but after reading the defects in the past, im abit scared might get a botched unit. Also found digitect site were selling for $219 but unsure of shipping

will samsung hdd work Samsung SpinPoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB Hard Drive SATAII *32MB Cache* - OEM - Ebuyer
its tenner cheaper £67 delivered
TP-link from amazon is the same one I was looking at - also read there was a v2 thats not compatable unless there is a cheaper alternative please post

Thanks i was gonna make this thread as I bought a hdx from ibood to but after reading the defects in the past, im abit scared might get a botched unit. Also found digitect site were selling for $219 but unsure of shipping

will samsung hdd work Samsung SpinPoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB Hard Drive SATAII *32MB Cache* - OEM - Ebuyer
its tenner cheaper £67 delivered
TP-link from amazon is the same one I was looking at - also read there was a v2 thats not compatable unless there is a cheaper alternative please post

i get the impression some people have put you off buying thru ibood. don't worry i've been on this site before and the hdx 1000 has been on there atleast 2 or 3 times before....you get 2 years warranty and price you see is what you pay for. with digitec you got customs plus postage and warranty may not be compatible in uk. i've used ibood before for purchasing harmony 1000 remote and i could tell you its legit. also check feedback from other users on the product forums..there was sale on 30th march on the same product and generally the complains tends to be around delivery times...don't expect anything soon and you'll get in 4 /5 weeks:oops::oops:

just hope anybody out there has experinece with tp -link

no problem from buying from buying ibood, read on a differerent forum there were some dodgy bathces. Also are you serious about delivery time?

I'll tell you how the hdd goes and maybe you can let me know about the tp-link? I wonder if they even shipped the bloody player yet

hi ganon
i'll be trying the hdd too but wont buy it till shipping is confirmed from ibood. just a matter of interest heres the link to the previous sale of hdx on 31/03/09 and from reading all the reports it took about 5 weeks for delivery. maybe we could pre-empt the situation by contacting ibood and complaining that the last sale took 5 weeks hope this won't be the case this time.

iBOOD.com - Internet's Best Online Offer Daily!

cheers:clap:

I emailed then Tuesday I think and they said shipping 1-7 days. If I get nothing by Tuesday then I will contact them. Though I noticed money was taken out of my account yesterday i wonder if that delayed shipping

Got email today with tracking number - delivery scheduled for this Thursday

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I also got the hdx yesterday, timed to perfection with the dts firmware release, which is great for me as I don't have an amp.
Put a 500gb 2.5inch hard drive in there, and installed the nmt apps. Tested the quality and its superb.
Nice sexy bit of kit too.

i have the £60 samsung eco drive. It appears the top usb aint working..........
USB working for you guys?

looks interesting but seems to be down on specs compared to tp-link with 300mbs. i'll rather pay a few pounds more for the xtra performance. also the tp link has been assoic1ated with hdx in a various places including the hdx forum

ok if you get the tplink let me know if it works

i have the £60 samsung eco drive. It appears the top usb aint working..........
USB working for you guys?

apparently only the usb above the lan port works as a usb drive.
from the wiki:
Why I can only get one USB port above the LAN connectors working? (HDX 1000)

The HDX 1000 card reader utilizes one USB port internally, hence there is only one useable external USB port. The 1st USB port (top USB port) can be used to supply power to, for example, your external HDD.

yep just found that out to. thats retarded. apparently if u take out the wire for the card reader u can use both the ports

so anyone know which wireless dongle to use?

Not using one myself, am happy using the wired connection. Though at the moment using media as a usb drive connected to the hdx

did u set up any torrenet software and yamj?

no mate, not really into torrents, might try and have a go at nzbs if anything.
and same goes for yamj, not done that either.

I have been looking at the HDX-1000 as it seems to do what I want but now you guys have one maybe you could answer a few questions?

How easy is it to copy files from a pc to the internal Hard drive? FTP or just drag and drop?
What forms of HD files can be streamed?
I currently use a XBMC and only stream SD content but it seems to work with anything that is thrown at it. How does the HDX-1000 compare?

Is it easy to use?

I dont suppose it can act as a web server can it?

Have you played with the torrent side of things? i.e is it capable of automatically downloading content? Does it take RSS feeds? Can it be set to download during set times?

Any other info/ecperiances you have would be great. On the face of it this sounds a great bit of kit.

I am toying with the idea of this sort of media player or a freesatHD recorder as a birthday present. But I am not sure of the futire of freesatHD as ITV seem to be looking at going PayTV for ITV2,3,4 and HD so that would only leave BBCHD. Plus Channel5 have just won the Freeview HD channel contract. So in theory, with my region switch over this October, Freeview HD could be with me soon.... So many options......

ok if you get the tplink let me know if it works

got my tp link and got it working wirelessly so all sytems go now. just need to find some bollywood downloads....anyone??

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom