1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hdtv

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by juggajatt, Oct 21, 2005.

1. juggajatt

juggajatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Toshiba 36ZP48 with which i am totally happy with but was wondering is there any way i can get HD pictures on it(by using external equipment)or will it one day be totally out of date as with all CRT tv sets? :confused:

2. davidhunter

davidhunter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi juggajatt,

I think your tosh is very similar to mine the 36zd26p which I just posted up almost the same question. I am interested in finding out the same thing anyone help both of us?

Davy

3. Kalos Geros

Kalos Geros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    As with 36ZD26p, the manual doesn't mention HDTV resolutions so the assumption is that it DOES'T support HDTV...

4. davidhunter

davidhunter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Got an interesting reply finally from Toshiba about this, leaves me in the dark still about what is the native resolution but have a read and see what you think !! There is maybe some light at the end of the tunnel

David

FROM TOSHIBA

Dear Mr Hunter,

Thank you for your recent enquiry. Please find the information that you requested as follows:

We do not have the information that you require however we have been advised that the tv will support the HD signal

If you have any further queries or would like to go through your query with an advisor you can contact us on 0115 9766958,
    Monday - Friday 8.00-20.00, Saturday 8.00-18.00 and Sunday 10.00-16.00, or feel free to reply by E-mail.

We trust that the information is to your satisfaction. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on the above number.

Kind regards,

Dean Morledge

Toshiba Consumer Products Division Helpdesk

JUST FOR INFO THIS WAS MY QUESTION

Dear sir/madam,

What is the native resolution of the 36ZD26P TV in pixels both vertically and horizontally ? Do you know will it be able to support any of the up coming HD TV codes via component input ie. 720p or 1080i

Thanks for any info.

David Hunter

5. boyimace

boyimace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi, just a note for you guys, for those of you who have a Xbox 360 then if you're connected via component input then you are by default running on ED (extended definition - 480i) if you go to the settings on Xbox Dashboard and go to Video and change the HD to 1080i it will work! But the screen seems to large for the TV, 720i blue screens and i'm searching high and low to see if I can get HD running on it properly.

Ta

6. Eiji

Eiji

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Why not try accessing the service menu when the TV is running at 1080i and adjust the HORIZONTAL and VERTICAL settings?

7. boyimace

boyimace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for that will try that.... when i get the guts to mess around with them